ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Dialog Extender

Revisiting (XfilesDialog, File-Ex, Direct Folders)

<< < (6/7) > >>

iphigenie:
I have used the following

Stardock Enhanced File Dialog - adds some icons and options, allows to edit the 'places' bar
Directfolders - adds some icons and buttons, allows to edit the 'places' bar. makes windows resizable (most), remembers settings and position etc.
Powerdesk dialoghelper - adds some icons, tracking of files and folders, adds a viewer
Wirekeys' files plugin - puts a very discrete bar to jump to favorites (and a few other functions) to the file dialogs, explorer, and total commander

I'm also curious about resortlabs' handy folders - mostly because i like their other 2 apps I had to look at it.

handy folders - adds a toolbar in dialogues, in normal explorer, has a taskbar icon. These are movable like normal menu bars, via the normal view menu. Offers offer a way to save/define the file extension filters which I have not seen elsewhere.

So each of them adds some features that are nice, and lacks some features that others have  :-\

masu:
Flashfolder doesn't seem to work under Windows 7
Which alternative Freeware Favorites program would you recommend for Win7?

urlwolf:
anything like this for linux?

Josh:
Does anyone know of a good program like this for Windows 7?

lanux128:
Flashfolder doesn't seem to work under Windows 7
Which alternative Freeware Favorites program would you recommend for Win7?-masu (November 05, 2009, 02:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

i recall checking this program for Win7 compatibility when i was testing out the Win7 RC but the author didn't give a timeline of when he was going to implement support for Win7. btw, the link to Flashfolder's page gives me 404 error, anyone else having the same problem?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version