ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Dialog Extender

Revisiting (XfilesDialog, File-Ex, Direct Folders)

<< < (3/7) > >>

Darwin:
Thanks for that trip down memory lane, Tom! You've made me miss it all over again  :( What's missing from the other solutions that I've tried is the customization of the places bar... and the buy-in price is $49.95 (I already owned WindowBlinds so got a discount)! Maybe we should launch a major offensive and start an e-mail campaign to pressure Stardock to release this as a standalone application. I object to paying so much for it and being forced to use Stardock Central to download it... However, I've already corresponded with them and gotten the bum's rush!

tomos:
Maybe we should launch a major offensive and start an e-mail campaign to pressure Stardock to release this as a standalone application.
-Darwin (March 14, 2008, 05:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
-
or inspire someone (here?) to programme something (even) better ?
It's just one click less the most of the others BUT I WANT it :-*
but now @ $49.95 ? - indecent :D

Perry Mowbray:
CFDButton is nice, but it's lacking several features.
-superboyac (March 14, 2008, 04:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

ChalkTrauma did say that he'd be willing to add suggestions, maybe you should enumerate them?

Maybe it might even fill this gap:
-tomos (March 14, 2008, 05:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

:-\

tomos:
CFDButton is nice, but it's lacking several features.
-superboyac (March 14, 2008, 04:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

ChalkTrauma did say that he'd be willing to add suggestions, maybe you should enumerate them?

Maybe it might even fill this gap:
-tomos (March 14, 2008, 05:30 PM)
--- End quote ---
-Perry Mowbray (March 14, 2008, 08:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

CWuestefeld's post inspired me to try FlashFolder
Been using FileboxExtender for a long time and not unhappy with it either
but
will try CDFButton next :)

superboyac:
-Perry Mowbray (March 14, 2008, 08:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
Unless ChalkTrauma is willing to implement a lot of suggestions, then I'm afraid his program has sort of a long way to go.  If it was just a little feature or two, I'm all for it.  But I can't in good conscience ask him to add a list of 10-20 features that might involve quite a bit of programming.  That's up to him.

Since the compatibility range of these programs are mostly the same (standard open/save/browse + Office dialogs), then I probably will go back to Direct Folders, because I like their interface the best.  That double-click on blank space to open the folders is brilliant. 

Stardock is ok, but Direct Folders can do that at half the price, and it can do more.  Besides, I don't want to install a suite for one little application.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version