ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Drop Box lands

<< < (9/9)

justice:
Next week, you’ll be able to buy a 50GB Dropbox for $9.99/month, or $99.99/year. Don’t worry — the free 2GB accounts will always be free, and you can keep the amount of space you had in the beta. Stay tuned for more on this.-http://blog.getdropbox.com/
--- End quote ---
I hope there's a middle way, 20GB for $5 or something, or even 10GB for $3, spending $10 a month on a web service I still can't get around to.

anjan_oleti:
A word of caution:
http://tech.shantanugoel.com/2008/09/16/dropbox-online-storage-publicshared-folders-a-word-of-caution.html

Grorgy:
Aha, thanks anjan, I shall keep my stuff private!

Grorgy:
I just went and read the details at their site, and yes, if you put your stuff in a public folder then you make it public, seems logical to me, the (offending?) paragraph is

Your Public Folder

While you own the content contained in Your Files, files placed in your public folders are automatically available to other Dropbox users and to the general public. By placing Your Files in your public folder, you hereby grant all other Dropbox users and the public a non-exclusive, non-commercial, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicensable, perpetual and irrevocable right and license to use and exploit Your Files in your public folder. In other words, a file in your public folder can be used by anyone, for any purpose except commercial use. If you do not want other people to be able to use Your Files in this manner, then simply do not place Your Files in your public folder. By placing Your Files in your public folder, you agree and acknowledge that Dropbox has no responsibility or obligation to monitor or notify of you of any non-compliance related to the license you have granted and that Dropbox has no responsibility to enforce or police, or aid you in enforcing or policing, the terms of that license.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version