ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Idea: "DC Member Book X - Volume 1" - Request For Volunteers

(1/7) > >>

mouser:
Ok here is a silly but fun idea that I'm hoping someone here might want to pick up and run with..

The idea is simply to create a (yearly) book where members of the site can (electronically) submit one and only one page to contribute to it.

The pages would be collected and made into a pdf file for download by all.  Maybe we could do it every year.

Technical details:
 A template of some sort using an open source cross-platform word processor, so that there was a modicum of uniformity in look -- e.g. each page would have an area where the person describes themself, page number, member name on the forum, etc.
 No NSFW content will be allowed.
 No copyrighted images will be allowed.

Think of it like a time capsule.

Maybe nudone or someone could make a nice cover graphic staring Cody the mascot.

Who could participate? Anyone minimally active on the forum.

What do you think?

mouser:
Just think of it as like an athology of the users on the forum each year.  Each user will decide that they want to put on their page (a fictional story, their life history, pictures, poetry, political rantings, whatever).

I'd like to find one or two people who would be willing to volunteer to organize this -- I don't think there's too much involved, but you'll have to create the templates and then ride heard on people and make sure they get their stuff submitted and in proper form, etc.

Any volunteers?

wreckedcarzz:
That would be a fun thing to do IMO, and I would certainly take part in it. Kind of like a yearbook, but better. :)

I wouldn't be able to do any organizational work though, as I can't really organize myself, much less others too. :P

hollowlife1987:
I think this is an excellent idea, so when do ya think it will be started?  :P

Veign:
I think the concept is quite interesting.   Due to time constraints the only role I would be able to take is participant.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version