ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Easy-Hide-IP today on Bits Du Jour

(1/2) > >>

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

Easy-Hide-IP is one of the Bits Du Jour Today, at half-price, under $10.

http://www.easy-hide-ip.com/
http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/easy-hide-ip/

Folks use proxies and such for lots of reasons, and have different
requests. Anonymous browsing, and anonymous email to a forum,
come to mind .. while relative speed might be a big factor, maybe not. 
Perhaps the need is an IP from a particular area, or changing IP's,
or not-changing.

Some people want a more complete untraceability than others and
for some folks the issue is getting around political barriers, such as
censorship.  Or concerns about various types of persecution and
repression, current and potential.  It could be something as unusual
as a teacher concerned about their job if speaking publicly of their
creationary views.

Thus it is hard to look at any of this as "one size fits all". 

From my reading, it is very hard to generalize about various
IP-hiding and proxy software and servers .  Though I noticed
that while some stuff is free, a lot is say $25-50 a year.  I've
never used one so it is a bit of a mysterious area.

To someone uninformed (myself) this one looks like it might give
you an ease-of-use front-end without much difficulty with some
options.

What do our experts say about Easy-Hide-IP ?  Does it have a niche ?
Perhaps fairly new, claims a lifetime license for small $, and it looks
like a nice interface .  Will it help the light anonymous user ?  Say the
person bounced from the DonationCoder forum who wants to post  :).
J/k Mouser !

Any thoughts ?

Shalom,
Steven

emilyandrew:
Ya!
     I'm also having this!.............

Darwin:
AdMuncher has this capability built into it. It's hit and miss whether or not it slows your surfing down, but it does work. Previously, I used GhostSurf 2005 Platinum from Tenebril and it was incredible - didn't slow surfing down at all but there was quite a hit on resource utilization. If I was going that route again, I'd try the vanilla version of GhostSurf (Platinum comes with an excellent antipsyware and registry monitoring module - SpyCatcher - that you cannot turn off and that conflicts with various types of program installations, which is a PITA). Ghostsurf gives you advanced options (missing from AdMuncher and Easy-Hide-IP though user configurable through the OS) to enable/disable cookies. The really nice thing about Ghostsurf is that it also encrypts data leaving your computer. Also, you can configure its settings per website - so you set up a very restrictive/secure general browsing policy - hidden IP and no cookies with the information flowing in and out encrypted - and then specify sites that you want to have different settings applied to - for sites that use SSL like banks and online shopping, which won't work with encrypted data from your end and require the use of cookies.

Note that the license policy for Easy-IP-Hide is that the program itself is licensed for life but that you have to pay a $20 per year subscription fee for updates and for access to the most up to date network of servers that your outgoing info gets bounced around to annonymize you... This is how Ghostsurf operates as well.

Eóin:
I find it a bit suspicious that I don't recognize any of the sites which awarded it 5 stars or a spyware free badge :huh:

f0dder:
You can't hide your IP - period. You can cloak it from the destination you're trying to reach, but the proxy will obviously still see your IP and be able to look at the data that's flowing through. So will every hop along the way to the proxy (traceroute/tracert...). Imho things like this doesn't buy you any real security, and I would certainly never use it for connecting to my web banking service.

If you're doing shady things, forget about nonsense programs like Easy-hide-IP et al. Either use TOR or a VPN service like relakks. If you're not doing shady stuff, don't bother - unless you need to "fake your IP" in order to watch online television or whatever :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version