ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Suck An Egg RIAA

<< < (5/6) > >>

Carol Haynes:
I tried the torrent download and gave up when it refused to go above 1.2k/s after a number of hours. The MP3s were amazingly good download speeds (I was getting over 900k/s which is about the theoretical max my telephone line will support).

f0dder:
I reached around 2MB/s on the .flac torrents, that's pretty much my theoretical max. Guess I either hit the swarm at a good time, or that Carol's torrent client isn't properly set up?

Carol Haynes:
I was trying to access the HiQ WAV format and it was SLOW! (My uTorrent seems to work fine when BT actually allows me to download files - they seem to profile Torrent downloads off the system at certain times of day).

tinjaw:
I downloaded all versions and listened to it in its entirety three times before bed last night. I'll be listening to it today when I go for my run.

Lashiec:
I downloaded all versions and listened to it in its entirety three times before bed last night. I'll be listening to it today when I go for my run.
-tinjaw (May 06, 2008, 01:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

So you're a NIN fan then? ;)

Carol doesn't get good speed, and I don't even get the torrent file... OK, now it's going. WOW! 4024 seeds, no wonder about the speeds. I should say that the whole process is set up in a very nice way, complete with explanations, even novice users should have no problem getting the most appropriate format for them, this is a model for future artists choosing this path.

BTW, Ghosts is also available now at the Internet Archive, in every imaginable format, and with all the extras. If you want to try (or remix) the goods before buying them :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version