ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Suck An Egg RIAA

(1/6) > >>

tinjaw:
Trent Reznor once again proves that talent alone can make money. The news is all over the music news sites. There's a good summary article on Salon.

1 second summary:

* Price is $0.00 to $300.00 USD
* The $300 version is limited to 2500 and was sold out in less than 24 hours. (hint hint That is $750,000 direct to the artist in one day.)
* people can freely sample the work and it is provided in a lossless format
* You can even buy a good ole CD, but even that has lossless digital version on it as well.

Renegade:
This is nothing short of beautiful, wonderful, gorgeous, uplifting, <add in more praise here>, news.

The RIAA and the MPAA need to figure these things out, and see that there are other revenue models out there.

NSFW"Fuck the RIAA" song is here. :)

mwb1100:
It's a step, but it will be nice when artists who aren't already superstars like Radiohead or NIN can make a decent amount by offering direct to listeners.  I know it'll happen, but I'm not sure how long it'll take or exactly how it will look/work.

tinjaw:
I am home now and downloaded my purchase. Here is one of the most beautiful things I have seen in quite some time. The image below has been copied from the NIN album Ghosts I-IV.

Yes, that is right. One of the most successful artists in the music world has just made his album available under the Creative Commons. YEAH! I call that a win !!

scancode:
CC? Music? Lossless?  :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version