ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Change Wacom properties with hotkeys ?

<< < (2/2)

ak_:
Thanks a lot cthorpe, i'll take a look at this.

My only concern is :
(you have to close the app and reopen it first)
--- End quote ---

I really can't do that, i switch pressure senstivity all the time while i'm drawing so i can't close and reopen Photoshop every time.

mikiem:
IF you want to monitor everything, Sys Internals' [now part of Microsoft] Process Monitor will do this for you. I'd advise turning off everything you can 1st though, because it will log everything, and even something relatively minor like the Intelipoint software for your mouse will generate a lot of clutter. There's a pretty good filtering setup, & you can save logs which definitely helps, but it's hard to not be overwhelmed by the amount of data to look thru.

That said, doesn't P/Shop & other graphic apps store your pen settings? I no longer use Wacom [can't afford it now that their monopoly is over] but AFAIK there are a bunch of settings, often per brush, that can be saved in many image editing apps. Would that serve the same purpose?

Again AFAIK, the pen/tablet are initialized when plugged in/activated. There are utilities that disconnect USB devices. Rather than restarting P/Shop, wouldn't it work to *in effect* unplug & plug in your tablet with P/shop still running? Be easy enough to try out by manually unplugging etc., and the disconnect/connect should be able to be managed I'd think.

Ampa:
I need to assign my Wacom Graphire pen to either the left or right screen of my dual monitor setup, and was relying on an AHK script, which was very slow.

Found two interesting utils today, neither is working quite how I want it to as yet, but I hope with a bit of fiddling things will work out...

http://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=753
http://wacomswitch.illusoft.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version