topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 8:20 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Here's my problem  (Read 4111 times)

jojo99

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Here's my problem
« on: March 11, 2008, 04:02 AM »
I have an old E4M encrypted file that I forgot the password to.  E4M is no longer distributed but can still be gotten here:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/e4m/

Does anyone know of some sort of safe script program that would help me try to crack my old password through brute force? 

I'm thinking that the script would let me put in possible words that I might have used for a password into a file.  Then it would combine them in all the different permutations and automatically place each attempt into the password field, click the enter button and keep trying until it worked?  This doesn't sound hard to do (to me :) ) but I don't know where to search for it.  I am wary of a lot of sites that advertise cracking programs and don't want to back into something that isn't safe and secure.

I looked at a program called Cain & Abel but it didn't look like it would help me do what I want.

Hirudin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Here's my problem
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 03:42 AM »
That's the worst isn't it?

This sounds like something Autohotkey could do.

Are you looking for something that will take a password like: "god" and try combinations like "God", "GOd", "GOD", "g0d"... etc.? Seems like that would be a little more complicated, but still possible with AHK.

jojo99

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Here's my problem
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 07:57 PM »
Well, I THINK that I used some words/phrases joined together (if I remember correctly, there were 5 or 6 variations that I used back then).  Like red25 & blue56 & something.  I may have connected at least one of them with a dash or underscore.  So I need to try all permutations.  I've tried doing this job manually, writing down each one I try but it just got to be too difficult (and I didn't hit the right combination).