ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

NO MORE ANONYMOUS POSTING!! How a Kentucky lawmaker wants this to be true

(1/4) > >>

Josh:
Kentucky Representative Tim Couch filed a bill this week to make anonymous posting online illegal.

The bill would require anyone who contributes to a website to register their real name, address and e-mail address with that site.

Their full name would be used anytime a comment is posted.

If the bill becomes law, the website operator would have to pay if someone was allowed to post anonymously on their site. The fine would be five-hundred dollars for a first offense and one-thousand dollars for each offense after that.

--- End quote ---
Source

tinjaw:
Why do people (I call them idiots) seem to think this Inkertubes thing is any different that what we have had for hundreds of years. We had ink and paper. We had telegraphs. We had phones. We had postcards. We had packages.

I can call you from a pay phone.
I can send you a letter without a return address. (Or a fake one)
I can pay the newspaper with cash to post an ad in the paper.
Etc.
Etc.

But we all know that it is because these people (idiots) *most likely* think AOL == Internet and all they do "on the computer" is get email from their grandkids.

Rhutobello:
Anyway....if such law was to be accepted.....who would have capacity to enforce it?

All honest people would live by the law, and do what they always do..post honest and behave.

All those who do behave in a "criminal" way would laugh from such a law, find solution to "steal other id's" ,which they already do, and put their connections true a conglomerate of IP's....and if first a law has been made...this way to do thing will only increase, either by sale of info on how to do it, or by finding new creative ways.

But for the government there is on big benefactor: the ability to tax the industry/people for the service  :mad:

nite_monkey:
ok, that is just pointless, I don't care what the names of the people who sign up on my website forums are, or where they live! All I need is their display name, and anything else that THEY WANT to put on their profile.

Renegade:
Did you say... "Kentucky?"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version