ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

Abandonware?

(1/1)

Omnivox:
Be honest, this project hasn't seen an update for almost 1.5 years... many promises were made, but we haven't seen anything new so far. It looks like the project is dead, so at least a statement about this would be nice and fair. I still love LBC and am using it as my primary launcher, but there's still so much to be done...

mouser:
I can understand the sentiment.  As the author, let me try to explain the state of development for LBC.

* First, it's definitely not abandonware.  I use it myself every day, and there will be further updates of it.
* Second, I'm pretty happy with the general feature set, and i can't remember any major things I want to add, but there are several small issues that are long overdue in adding (hotkey options, better display options, better docking/hiding behavior).
* Third, there have been very few updates to my programs in the last several months because i have been working on a paying job that takes up so much of my time; until and unless DC can become a full time job i have to take breaks from DC software development to work on other things.
I do appreciate that there needs to be some LBC updates soon -- I haven't abandoned it and in a month i should have some time to do some real work on my DC programs.  :up:

slipfall:
I'd like to throw in my vote for getting auto-hide docks to retain their set height (a known bug I'm sure).  I will be using LBC every day too!  Perhaps even just once I play with it more.  Thanks for writing it!

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version