ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Sauerbraten Server Updates and DonationCoder map - Sauerbraten FPS fun

<< < (9/12) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
I have had the Sauer server dead for a few days now (looking for an old racing game on old hard drives, and it is the easiest to access as far as hot-swapping goes). It may stay offline for a while, and I might drop offline on my primary machine too more often as well.

Reason (if anyone cares about my personal problems):
SpoilerMoney got real tight real fast, and I figure that my room probably uses the most power out of anything in the house (A/C, fridge, and washer/dryer included) so the more I cut back on energy, the less complaining I have to hear. I am running 2 desktops, a laptop, a Playstation, Xbox, and TV set in here - as well as the modem/cable box, and router, and an all-in-one printer - so it surely can't hurt!

Sorry all, but we still have Trackmania and Project Torque - and I have some other games uploaded that I can send out, but no Sauer anytime soon... :(

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz:
Bump! w00t! ;D

The new version of Sauerbraten, codenamed "CTF Edition" (because of the new CTF mode - it is said to be different from capture, not sure yet), has been released! I have the new version and, if you have a CPU that is decent and you have a good graphics card, you will enjoy the new graphical changes. The menus have been slightly changed, there is a new configuration editor (game config ini file I believe), a few new game modes, a single player Campaign mode, new maps, etc etc etc.

Because of this new version, I have begun working a bit again on the DC map - improving the sunlight and small lighting is my current task. Little changes will appear here and there. I plan to extend the map out (removing the "fake sky") and "grow" the map as was originally planned. There may also be a new, more major water flow system, with a waterfall (not sure yet, but it sure would be cool). And maybe some bunkers to hide out in and make the new CTF more challenging and fun.

I am currently doing a private game with a friend of mine (not a DC member) teaching him how to build and whatnot, and the SB dedicated server is still offline (I have to update it to the new version), but I want to make this map much better than it already is and let everyone enjoy it. Also, the DonationCoder City (I believe that is the un-official name of it) is looking a bit outdated, so I might make some changes and improvements there.

If you want to come help out on the map before I "officially" finish the lighting and new additions, you can PM me here, IM me, or email me and I can prep a server real quick and we can work on it. Anyone here at DC is welcome to work on the map, however anyone caught destroying the map out of pure maliciousness (I assume that is a word) will not be allowed on any of my DC server(s) anymore, and may be reported to mouser (or a moderator here). Lots of people have worked hard on this map, please play nice. :)

(Moving items to new locations is not destroying, as long as the item is pasted to its new location promptly. Also, if you are new to Sauerbraten and make a mistake, that is fine! :Thmbsup: "Destroying" means taking whole chunks out of the map and attempting to sync the bad map with everyone, and leaving/attempting to get people to save the defaced map.)

Anyways, enough talk, more /calclight! ;D
-Brandon

(You can get the new Sauer version from http://www.sauerbraten.org)

ironhustla:
Il play to :) i already have it cause i Download alot of game editors in confusion and i dont even no how to script .... :P

ironhustla:
And i love how fast paced the game is :)

Deozaan:
Sounds fun. Can't wait until that hard drive arrives so I can back up my data and return to using my computer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version