ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

DetachVideo - Give embedded videos their own window!

(1/3) > >>

skrommel:
 :) Try this one!

DetachVideo - Detach embedded videos from your tabbed browser and show them in a window of their own.

Usage: Hold your mouse over a video and press F12.

This is a lifesaver when browsing YouTube or any other video site. Just place your mouse over a video and press F12, and the video is moved to a floating, always on top window that you can move anywhere you like, and keep on browsing. Just make shure you don't close the brower tab or scroll too far, or the video will dissapear. And it can of course show multiple detached videos!

You'll find the downloads and more info at 1 Hour Software by Skrommel.

Skrommel

Zero3K:
I like it. The only thing that needs changing is that when you resize the detached video window, the video, etc. that's being displayed should be resized to fit the window.

skrommel:
 :( Sorry, DetachVideo only steals the control from a window, it can't resize the video. But it may be possible to change the <embed> tag of the browser to resize the video before stealing it...

Skrommel

Zero3K:
I had another idea regarding it. Maybe it could open the control that the mouse is under in an IE window (thereby allowing the user to change pages without losing the video).

steeladept:
Can it also save the video stream locally (or at least put the filename of the stream below it)?  I currently use a plugin called unpluged to capture the files I want, but your method would be MUCH easier, as it doesn't force you to figure out which file is the one you want.  Just a thought.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version