ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Drop to disconnect

(1/2) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
Anyone familiar with OS X's drag-and-drop interface should know what I am talking about here right off the bat...

What I am looking for is a small program that tells Windows to Safely Remove Hardware when I drag the drive icon onto the program icon.

Ex:

I plug in a drive. Said drive appears in My Computer.
I copy file ABC.exe on drive
I close drive window
I drag drive icon from My Computer onto DropToDisconnect.exe on my desktop
A Windows dialog box appears telling me it is safe to remove the hardware
I remove the drive

Can anyone do this for me? :tellme:

EDIT: And possibly a key-combo that opens a GUI window allowing me to select (multiple, if need be) items to disconnect? That would be really awesome...

jgpaiva:
I'm pretty sure there's a solution here on the forum for a VERY similar request.
Unfortunatelly, i couldn't find it.
I did find a related thread, though: IDEA: Useful desktop icon for USB flash drive

Deozaan:
If you can see your desktop, then using Windows default removable drive thingy isn't so bad. Just left click the tray icon once, then select the drive you want to disconnect. Done.

wreckedcarzz:
@Deozaan: I know I can left click, but I prefer to hit the large "object" of an icon, rather than have to position my mouse over this 32x32 tray icon. :-\

@jgpaiva: Reading now...

Deozaan:
@Deozaan: I know I can left click, but I prefer to hit the large "object" of an icon, rather than have to position my mouse over this 32x32 tray icon. :-\
-wreckedcarzz (March 08, 2008, 09:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh yeah, I forgot you like the big icons. :)

I wonder if there is a way to get an AHK script to do what I said for you. Then you could make a big shortcut to the AHK script.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version