ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DC Member Programs and Projects

The Gradiator

(1/2) > >>

kyrathaba:
I've put a little utility program up on my little corner of DC.  It allows the user to view different possibilities in the area of linear gradients with which to decorate Windows forms.  The program allows the user to cycle through randomly generated gradients.  If you find one you like, you can take a snapshot of it.  Optionally, the snapshot can contain text showing exactly which two colors form the endpoints of the gradient.  Different sizes are possible, and the program provides a quick shortcut to access the images subdirectory.  There is a help file included that can be accessed from the main form.  If anyone finds this useful, I could refine it with suggested features:

The link is:

http://www.dcmembers.com/kyrathaba/my_programs/Gradiator.zip

(requires .NET 3.5)

kyrathaba:
Just a brief note.  I've embedded the help file into the assembly, so there is now no text file at risk of loss.  The entire application is a single physical executable.  You can run the application from any directory you choose.  It will not mess with your registry in any way.  The application has a tiny footprint, weighing in at 26 Kb.

PhilB66:
(requires .NET 3.5)
-kyrathaba (March 07, 2008, 04:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Gonna be hard to find takers with this requirement.

kyrathaba:
Gonna be hard to find takers with this requirement.
--- End quote ---

Yes, I understand what you mean, Phil.  I myself have spent quite a bit of time and effort looking for something with the portability of C but the relative ease of coding of C#.  I haven't had any luck.  Anyway, I think that many developers have .NET installed, they just don't want to develop something that requires .NET, because of the portability issue. 

gogogadgetscott:
Can you post a screenshot?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version