topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 4:01 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: SecureZip by PK Zip Free License  (Read 9662 times)

rshortie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
SecureZip by PK Zip Free License
« on: February 28, 2008, 03:07 PM »
Secure Zip for windows by PKware is offering a free license for limited time:

go to website:  http://www.securezip.com/    then follow instructions to enter email address and click submit.

Email will be sent to you with instructions for downloads.  I received the email, didnt download yet  as I am currently working on my Imac leopard osx computer, my dell windows xp is temporarily off.  I hope this works out for you guys as helpful info, I always check this site for discounts.

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: SecureZip by PK Zip Free License
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 05:20 PM »
Thanks for the pointer!  :up:

PhilB66

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 09:29 PM »
For the last few days, I've been intending to look into other zip applications.  Windows internal handling is lame, I've not been as pleased with 7zip lately as I used to be, winzip has become posessed by the devil (Refuse to honor my life time registration code I bought years back, when no one bought them, and they promised lifetime free updates...) and WinRar. . . I just never really liked it. (I think it's the icons).

So far, I'm very pleased with Securezip -- the price is absolutely right, and it's fast and effective.  Also: I like the icons.

scancode

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • I will eat Cody someday.
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 09:35 PM »
Secure Zip for windows by PKware is offering a free license for limited time
Nice find!

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 09:17 AM »
WinRar. . . I just never really liked it. (I think it's the icons).

So far, I'm very pleased with Securezip -- the price is absolutely right, and it's fast and effective.  Also: I like the icons.

FYI for allen and others: You can download themes for WinRAR. WinRAR has even registered the MIME type, so when you download them, WinRAR will automatically install them. There is quite a variety of icons available.

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 12:29 PM »
Is there a theme to make it look like secure zip? :P

--I didn't know it was themable, thanks for that.  If I ever decide it's worth paying for, the icons will no longer turn me off to it.

yksyks

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 02:40 PM »
Thanks for the heads up! Finally I have an archive manager which is not bloated, done professionally, and has decent icons and standard Windows appearance, which seems to be quite rare otherwise. Also, the Explorer view style is sometimes useful. I'm just missing 7-zip format support, some people are using it. (Frankly, I'm using ZTree for managing all archive types, but sometimes the drag & drop and other GUI features can help.)

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 03:18 PM »
Ztree supports archives? I purchased Ztree just because I loved it conceptually -- but I have yet to learn how to use it. At all. I start it up some times just to see it. Then tip toe away :)

yksyks

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 04:53 PM »
To allen:

From the first page of ZTree site:
Flexible support of external archiving utilities to allow the management of ARJ, CAB, LHA, JAR, RAR and ZIP archives, to name a few

You can even add your special or future archivers (see ARCHIVER.BB2 in your ZTree folder), but you don't have to, there are plenty configured by default, provided you have the external programs (PKZIP for example) somewhere on your path. (Press Alt-F5 on an archive to view/decompress, or Ctrl-F5 on tagged files to create a new archive.)

ZTree requires, but fully deserves, some time to learn. This investment will pay off!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 04:58 PM by yksyks »