Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 22, 2014, 09:31:24 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

View the new Member Awards and Badges page.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: MoveOut & DimScreen flagged by PrevX as being a danger to my computer's health  (Read 2879 times)
Thingumybob
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: November 24, 2009, 12:51:13 PM »

My security program PrevX just signaled MoveOut and DimScreen as containing malware (a trojan). Both progs were downloaded direct from DonationCoder. This 'risk' was signaled immediately after a download and before installation in the case of MoveOut and after installation in the case of Dim Screen.

Strangely a download at the same time of "White" hasn't signaled anything (but I haven't tried to install it yet!).

Is PrevX wrong or ... :-/
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 02:06:56 PM »

Prevx is wrong, very wrong.  This is a false positive that is frequently triggered on developers using the Autohotkey programming langauge, and it's driving programmers crazy.

You can read more about it here:
http://www.donationcoder....m/index.php?topic=15210.0
Thingumybob
Supporting Member

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 02:27:43 PM »

Thanks. I'll tell PrevX
Thingumybob
Supporting Member

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 02:33:41 PM »

Just sent this to Prevx SUpport "I use Prevx 3. I just tried to download & install two programs available via Donationcoder.com called DimScreen & MoveOut. They are coded using Autohotkey. Prevx alerted me that they had malware. According to Donationcoder.com this is a false alert http://z.pe/F6K . Please up-date Prevx. Thanks."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.03s | Server load: 0.05 ]