ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

The site is now back online (March 6th, 2008) - Come Say Hello!

<< < (14/22) > >>

wraith808:
Yay!  I've been going through serious withdrawal here!

Thanks for your hard work!

Lashiec:
I had the privilege to host DC temporary site on my server during the downtime (just for the displaying maintenance notice), and.... believe it or not, the gzip'd text html page alone (not including the cody pic displayed) accounted for 4.01GB of traffic usage in mere 3 days.  :o
-Wordzilla (March 07, 2008, 10:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Crazy!

Well, I had the rare privilege? of doing the last post before the the site was closed down to prevent further problems, so imagine my surprise when the site stopped responding and I asked Wordzilla what was happening. At first, I couldn't believe it was h4xor, but further explanations confirmed the unthinkable :(

Fortunately, the management was quick, and the impact seems to be minimal. It was a blessing the site was delivering old malware, which was easy to identify (tip to f0dder), and could not wreak much havoc, as long as the usual defenses were in place. BIG thanks to Gothi[c] for its hard work with the server, and to mouser and Wordzilla for everything. Also, thanks to the members in the IRC channel, which was my refuge during the storm, and a very comfortable one :D

And thanks to the member that warned mouser about the infection (can you believe I forgot his name? :o)

jgpaiva:
And thanks to the member that warned mouser about the infection (can you believe I forgot his name? :o)
-Lashiec (March 07, 2008, 02:22 PM)
--- End quote ---
From the information that was fed to me (and IIRC), it's jazper you're talking about! ;)

tomos:
dud link there jg  ;)

Lashiec:
Yes, thanks for reminding me :-[. So, thanks to jazper for warning mouser :)

(URL fixed :P)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version