Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 31, 2014, 05:58:40 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The site is now back online (March 6th, 2008) - Come Say Hello!  (Read 70378 times)
mwb1100
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2008, 12:30:17 AM »

Hey! Welcome back!

Sorry you guys had to go through all that pain due to some scumbag.

Now, get some rest!
blackcat
Participant

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2008, 12:43:02 AM »

great to see this site back up again!

haha..look at cody. he's too tired that he cannot even finish his biscuits
nite_monkey

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2008, 12:47:24 AM »

so were you hosting DC yourself, or were you using a paid webhost provider? I never figured that out, but anyways, I'm glad to see the site is back up. Thmbsup

[Insert really cool signature here]
Armando
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2008, 01:10:54 AM »

It's been a long weeeeiiiird week...  Grin
Thanks Gothic, Wordzilla, Mouser.

"I suppose it can be said that I'm an absent-minded driver. It's true that I've driven through a number of red lights on occasion, but on the other hand, I've stopped at a lot of green ones but never gotten credit for it."
Glenn Gould
nosh
Supporting Member

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2008, 01:18:13 AM »

Thank you Gothi[c], mouser & anyone else who helped get the site back up again.  thumbs up
Firefox had started giving me those "What? You don't love me so much anymore?" looks.

iphigenie
Supporting Member

curiosity FTW!

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2008, 01:21:41 AM »

It happened to me once about a year and a half ago (also on a site running smf, and the vulnerabilty back then for me was in smf Sad ) - I know your pain!

Now just sit back and relax and sleep it out - then tell me if I have to worry about my smf site again!
Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2008, 01:28:40 AM »

Sometimes things need to first go bad, in order to finally be better. This experience will improve DC even more!  thumbs up

--

Of course I was doubting if I could survive DC being down, but at least now I know I can.
JoTo
Super Honorary
Charter Member

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2008, 01:36:40 AM »

Please count a +1 from me to what Nosh said...thanks to all that helpers that get DC back, up and running.  Thmbsup  Kiss

I experienced mousers despair, and Gothics sleepless nights and all the help, good hints and suggestions from all the others live at IRC-Channel in the time DC was down. And i was desperate too, because i wasn't be of any help.  embarassed  Angry

DC is back...and so is my internet-life!  Grin
[JoTo is singing "Ode to Joy" now!]

CU
JoTo
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2008, 01:39:59 AM »

the internet now feels complete again.

thank you to everyone involved in getting things up and running. it sounded like a nightmare.
MikeMcLoughlin
Supporting Member

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2008, 02:01:31 AM »

Great to see you back!
Nod5
Supporting Member

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2008, 02:08:12 AM »

Donationcoder back online - great great great!  Thmbsup
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2008, 02:19:38 AM »

Yes,
BIG THANKs to ALL, mouser Gothic wordzilla for all the hard work

I guess you guys are still busy (or sleeping)
but if you get a chance
...please take this time to walk outside and remember what your family looks like. Wink
smiley

Tom
rjbull
Charter Member

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2008, 03:16:37 AM »

Yes,

but if you get a chance
...please take this time to walk outside and remember what your family looks like. Wink
smiley

+1.  but I thought DC was pretty close to being family...   embarassed

icekin
Supporting Member

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2008, 03:49:53 AM »

I think this will soon become one of the longest threads on this forum...I'm absolutely over the moon that DC is back online. Hearty thanks to Gothi[c] and everyone else involved for bringing back the site and forum.

I also noticed that there was much more increased activity in the IRC channel over the last few days and hopefully that will continue. While forums are great, its nice to have live online discussions once in a while.
Fedorov
Participant

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2008, 04:18:15 AM »

Great to see the site back, really appreciate all the hard work and effort put in to get this back online.

Thanks again

Fedorov
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2008, 04:57:25 AM »

Yes,

but if you get a chance
smiley
+1.  but I thought DC was pretty close to being family...   embarassed

I confess ...
I was just having a little dig at the message on the "Server is down" page -
I do get to go out and get fresh air [most]everyday...but I guess dc time often tends to come out of my work time  embarassed
having had a break can help me break that habit...
but hey it is nice to be back smiley

Tom
oldfart
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2008, 05:25:43 AM »

Having been a member for only a couple of months, I was surprised at how much I missed the site while it was down.  I am disabled and don't get to take walks anymore [Besides, early March in central Illinois isn't all that conducive to long walks.] but even if I could, I would have missed this site.  I appreciate all the hard work involved and offer my thanks for the quick recovery.  Its too bad that you were too busy fixing problems to put a stat-counter on the replacement page to see how many of us checked in hourly to see if things were back up. 

dmg
tsaint
Charter Member

Hi from the a*** end of the earth

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2008, 06:04:16 AM »

thanks for all the hard work during this week. Really missed the site!!!
Dr-Leech

Psychedelic Coder

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2008, 06:11:47 AM »

Woohoo!! welcome back to life!

arunpawar
Participant

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2008, 06:19:05 AM »

Man i was mising DC like something....?
f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2008, 06:39:10 AM »

so were you hosting DC yourself, or were you using a paid webhost provider? I never figured that out, but anyways, I'm glad to see the site is back up. Thmbsup
Dedicated server at a hosting company - mouser would have had to have a pretty massive home internet connection if he were to host it himself tongue

Its too bad that you were too busy fixing problems to put a stat-counter on the replacement page to see how many of us checked in hourly to see if things were back up.
Parsing server logs should give that information, and in more detail (since you get IPs there too smiley)

- carpe noctem
Rover
Master of Smilies
Charter Member

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2008, 06:40:55 AM »

greenclp greenclp greenclp greenclp
beerchug beerchug
dance dance

Nice work team.  Restoring a site like this from scratch is a major pain, especially after a hack attack.

Great work.   Thmbsup Thmbsup

Insert Brilliant Sig line here
MerleOne
Supporting Member

4D thinking

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2008, 06:50:46 AM »

Great you're back and thanks for the work it represents !

.merle1.
tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2008, 06:56:21 AM »

Its too bad that you were too busy fixing problems to put a stat-counter on the replacement page to see how many of us checked in hourly to see if things were back up.
Parsing server logs should give that information, and in more detail (since you get IPs there too smiley)

wel I just left DCPostNotifierLite running in the tray which I think checks once a minute smiley

Tom
kanomie
Supporting Member

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2008, 07:24:18 AM »

Grin Welcome back, I really missed Donationcoder

Thmbsup
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.051s | Server load: 0.06 ]