Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 19, 2014, 10:17:36 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2011! Download 30+ custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Comic Strip Generator (and March Caption Contest Announcement!)  (Read 17218 times)
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 02, 2008, 01:38:22 AM »

I was doing a little research on what is available in the way of tools to create your own web comics, easily. I found a greate site that was sort of along the lines of what I was thinking of.

Strip Generator lets you create your own comic strips with drag & drop ease, with lots of characters, props, creatures, shapes, talk & think balloons, etc.

It's a lot of fun to play with.

And now for the contest...

While playing around with some of the stuff there, I saw a few familiar things that reminded me of this site and created this little single frame comic:

All you have to do is fill in the talk/think bubbles with the conversation that took place between mouser & cody, during this little visit.

Mouser will be giving away a prize of a mug to the winner...with the winner's captioned image printed on it! (how cool is that?!)

Deadline to submit your captioned image is March 21, 2008.

Good luck! I am really looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.  cheesy

Aku
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 05:44:53 AM »

Ok. Let's see if anyone gets this?

Cody: You're not drinking your coffee?
Mouser: You have a beak and you only filled my cup half way...

Are we allowed to post more than 1 idea?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 05:48:38 AM by Aku » Logged
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 05:45:59 AM »

heheheh

Are we allowed to post more than 1 idea?

of course -- keep 'em coming  thumbs up
f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 09:14:35 AM »

Cody: I just spent the winter in the land of farr, farr away, and the kids there look starved.
Mouser: hm, perhaps we could send them some unicows.

- carpe noctem
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 09:19:33 AM »

it looks like mouser has a thought balloon and cody has a speech balloon so here's what i think...

cody: would you like a cup of tea, mouser? there aren't any worms in it.

mouser: if that is true then why has your beak grown like Pinocchio's nose?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 10:03:50 AM »

i hate to break it to everyone but since i was there i can report the true captions:
Cody: "A fine cup of tea."
Mouser: "Quite so."
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 07:59:40 PM »

I think we all now know what the conversation was:

Cody: It's ok to put the DCserver root password in my AOL email signature, right?
Mouser: Oh bother..
f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 08:03:58 PM »

Cody: It's ok to put the DCserver root password in my AOL email signature, right?
tellme ohmy Grin embarassed tellme Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Kiss

- carpe noctem
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 08:52:47 PM »

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 10:20:03 PM »

Grin
That's not fair...you aren't allowed to have such a great caption. What if yours wins? It's going to be hard to beat that one.

CleverCat
Supporting Member

Cat's Are Fun!

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 12:22:58 AM »

Cody: Blah blah blah blah.......

Mouser: Bird Brain!

(Just kidding Cody!) Grin

If you need help - JUST ASK!
nite_monkey

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 01:12:07 AM »

As long as Cody is a talk bubble, and Mouser is a thought bubble

Cody:So there I was, just minding my own business...
Mouser:Did I ever finish coding that last FARR update?... Oh wait, I'm supposed to be talking to Cody!

[Insert really cool signature here]
TucknDar
Charter Member

Advanced coder of Nowt

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 02:07:38 AM »

Since Cody talks and mouser thinks:

Cody: So, mouser, what kind of tea is this? It's really good!

mouser: I bet you taste like chicken...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 02:09:58 AM by TucknDar » Logged
f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 07:05:32 AM »

Cody talking, mouser thinking... and apologies to TucknDar for the blatant ripoff tongue

Cody: I removed the password for the subversion user, it was too much hassle.

- carpe noctem
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2008, 07:23:02 AM »

tuck, lol.
TucknDar
Charter Member

Advanced coder of Nowt

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 07:30:22 AM »

Cody talking, mouser thinking... and apologies to TucknDar for the blatant ripoff tongue

Cody: I removed the password for the subversion user, it was too much hassle.
Grin

No problem, f0dder. Actually I think mouser's thoughts would suit pretty much anything Cody says Wink
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2008, 02:29:12 PM »

Cody with a British Accent: "....finally, Mr. Bondmouser, I infect DonationCoder with a trojan and take over the world! Mwa ha ha ha ha!"

Mouser: .oO (You'll never get away with this! I know karate, kung-fu, tae kwon do, and other Chinese words!)

Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2008, 06:53:10 PM »

TaeKwonDo is Korean... karate is a Japanese derivative of Kung Fu... Watch it, Deozaan, you'll be ruffling some feathers (heh, heh - pun accidental)  tongue

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
TucknDar
Charter Member

Advanced coder of Nowt

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2008, 01:39:51 AM »

Cody: Oh, man, mouser. I'm so glad the server is back up. It felt like I'd lost my home. I don't know how to really thank you...

Any more chicken-jokes? Wink
p3lb0x
Supporting Member

Beer, beer, beer, I'm going for a beer!

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2008, 08:10:08 AM »

Cody: I taste like chicken
Mouser: Heeey, I was thinking that a minute ago

lol

Stop mousering people so much - Mouser
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2008, 09:02:17 PM »

TaeKwonDo is Korean... karate is a Japanese derivative of Kung Fu... Watch it, Deozaan, you'll be ruffling some feathers (heh, heh - pun accidental)  tongue

Don't blame me! Mouser was thinking it!

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2008, 12:32:50 AM »

Only a few more days for this..
Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2008, 05:40:23 AM »

karate, kung-fu, tae kwon do

Actually, they're Japanese, Chinese, and Korean. smiley

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2008, 05:51:23 AM »

Cody:
So I join the DC Coder's Breakfast Club and figure the best way to start is with a cup of Java...

Mouser:
Oh brother... Bird brain seems more "F" than "C", "+" or "#" today...

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
Target
Honorary Member

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2008, 01:34:06 AM »

Cody: ...someone hacked the server by exploiting some old software to get root access.  Thankfully they were only in the machine for 1-2 hours before I discovered them and locked down access to all services...
Mouser: a talking chicken, that's all we need...

"Look wise, say nothing, and grunt. Speech was given to conceal thought" - Sir William Osler
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.06s | Server load: 0.17 ]