ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

the award for most clueless pc user ever - my candidate.

<< < (15/18) > >>

tomos:
Having said that I can still open the driver's door on my car with a key but I am instantly deafened by the alarm going off - which can only be turned off with the transmitter - so if the battery is dead ....
-Carol Haynes (March 24, 2008, 05:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

maybe the designers should get awards for "most clueless...." :-\

mwb1100:
Having said that I can still open the driver's door on my car with a key but I am instantly deafened by the alarm going off - which can only be turned off with the transmitter - so if the battery is dead ....
-Carol Haynes (March 24, 2008, 05:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

maybe the designers should get awards for "most clueless...." :-\
-tomos (March 24, 2008, 06:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

So, does anyone have an idea why car manufacturers include this 'feature' of triggering the alarm when you unlock a car the old-fashioned way?  I can't imagine a reason for this.

Carol Haynes:
Presumably because the locks are simply mechanical devices that can be forced, picked or bypassed with a coat hanger.

CleverCat:
Off topic but....

In the 60's, I could open by Dad's passenger side VW Beetle with one of those long handled metal combs! ;D

fro:
Today I was going to help someone with her new wireless router, but since it's a wireless router she refused to plug in the power adapter...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version