ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Alert: Bad Image; netsetup.cpl; invalid Windows image

<< < (3/3)

mouser:
I suspect the cause was close to what f0dder said -- it's just that instead of it being history items, the control panel shortcuts that you deleted are somehow pointing to the 64bit or 32bit versions, whichever are improper for the current operating system.

You should try typing just the word: cpanel and make sure you dont get any other errors on any of the other control panel shortcuts in that directory.

(ps. there is no harm in deleting those shortcuts, it just means you cant type those items to have farr launch them).

ptran:
After typing the letter el ("l") in "cpanel", I see nine matching entries and no "bad image" alerts. The matching entries are:

Fonts (cpanel).lnk
Mouse (cpanel).lnk
Speech (cpanel).lnk
System (cpanel).lnk
Display (cpanel).lnk
Keyboard (cpanel).lnk
Add Hardware (cpanel).lnk
Date and Time (cpanel).lnk
Power Options (cpanel).lnk

So it looks like those shortcuts to netsetup.cpl are the only problematic ones for my installation.

Out of curiosity, I used the strings utility from SysInternals and found C:\WINDOWS in all of the control panel shortcuts (the okay ones as well as the ones pointing to "bad image").  See the command output below (D> is the command prompt):

D> E:\SysInternals\Strings\strings.exe -s -q "E:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\Scripts\Control Panel (cpanel)" | findstr /c:"C:\WINDOWS"
E:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\Scripts\Control Panel (cpanel)\Accessibility Options (cpanel).lnk: C:\WINDOWS\system32\access.cpl
E:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\Scripts\Control Panel (cpanel)\Add Hardware (cpanel).lnk: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hdwwiz.cpl
E:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\Scripts\Control Panel (cpanel)\Add or Remove Programs (cpanel).lnk: C:\WINDOWS\system32\appwiz.cpl
E:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\Scripts\Control Panel (cpanel)\Automatic Updates (cpanel).lnk: C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuaucpl.cpl
E:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\Scripts\Control Panel (cpanel)\Date and Time (cpanel).lnk: C:\WINDOWS\system32\timedate.cpl
E:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\Scripts\Control Panel (cpanel)\Display (cpanel).lnk: C:\WINDOWS\system32\desk.cpl
E:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\Scripts\Control Panel (cpanel)\Fonts (cpanel).lnk: C:\WINDOWS\Fonts
E:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\Scripts\Control Panel (cpanel)\Game Controllers (cpanel).lnk: C:\WINDOWS\system32\joy.cpl
E:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\Scripts\Control Panel (cpanel)\Internet Options (cpanel).lnk: C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetcpl.cpl
E:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\Scripts\Control Panel (cpanel)\Keyboard (cpanel).lnk: C:\WINDOWS\system32\main.cpl
E:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\Scripts\Control Panel (cpanel)\Mouse (cpanel).lnk: C:\WINDOWS\system32\main.cpl
E:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\Scripts\Control Panel (cpanel)\Phone and Modem Options (cpanel).lnk: C:\WINDOWS\system32\telephon.cpl
E:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\Scripts\Control Panel (cpanel)\Power Options (cpanel).lnk: C:\WINDOWS\system32\powercfg.cpl
E:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\Scripts\Control Panel (cpanel)\Regional and Language Options (cpanel).lnk: C:\WINDOWS\system32\intl.cpl
E:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\Scripts\Control Panel (cpanel)\Security Center (cpanel).lnk: C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscui.cpl
E:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\Scripts\Control Panel (cpanel)\Sounds and Audio Devices (cpanel).lnk: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mmsys.cpl
E:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\Scripts\Control Panel (cpanel)\System (cpanel).lnk: C:\WINDOWS\system32\sysdm.cpl
E:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\Scripts\Control Panel (cpanel)\User Accounts (cpanel).lnk: C:\WINDOWS\system32\nusrmgr.cpl
E:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\Scripts\Control Panel (cpanel)\Windows Firewall (cpanel).lnk: C:\WINDOWS\system32\firewall.cpl

D> E:\SysInternals\Strings\strings.exe -s -q "E:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot.Scripts.Control Panel (cpanel).DISABLED" | findstr /c:"C:\WINDOWS"
E:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot.Scripts.Control Panel (cpanel).DISABLED\Network Setup Wizard (cpanel).lnk: C:\WINDOWS\system32\netsetup.cpl
E:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot.Scripts.Control Panel (cpanel).DISABLED\Wireless Network Setup Wizard (cpanel).lnk: C:\WINDOWS\system32\netsetup.cpl

ptran:
Just a quick note that I haven't seen that "bad image" alert is over a week. Thanks for all the help!

lonrot:
Thanks it worked for me too!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version