ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Alert: Bad Image; netsetup.cpl; invalid Windows image

(1/3) > >>

ptran:
Hi,

When I use FARR for the first time on my dual boot machine (Windows XP 32 bit and 64 bit) from my 32-bit installation, FARR displays a popup alert window with the following message:

Find and Run Robot: FindAndRunRobot.exe - Bad Image
The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\netsetup.cpl is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against  your installation diskette.

My 32-bit Windows XP is in drive E: and my 64-bit Windows XP is in drive C:.

Under Options > Search Folders, I don't have any entries that explicityly list C:\WINDOWS\system32.

So, I don't know how FARR is encountering that file.

When this alert comes up, I click OK, and the alert will come up again two more times. After I click on it for the third time, it never comes up again until after I login again, which is usually after a reboot.

f0dder:
Hm, that's pretty interesting.

My first guess: FARR keeps a history of your launched items. Upon reading the history and trying to extract icons, FARR uses standard windows icon extraction APIs... and the 32-bit Windows version is obviously totally ignorant of 64-bit PE executables.

ptran:
Good point. I just checked my FARR launch history and all the items are from drive D: (just data directories) or E: (the 32-bit boot drive). I don't see any entries from drive C:.

f0dder:
Hmmmm!

Did you check the .ini file? And do your two separate windows intalls use the same drive letter arrangements?

ptran:
I've looked at E:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\FindAndRunRobot.ini and see no occurrences of "C:" or "c:".

I'm not sure I understand your second question about the drive letter assignments. Maybe the information below will help.

1. My 64-bit XP was installed first in drive C: and I used D: for data files. Drive E: contained Vista 64-bit.
2. I did not know about FARR yet, so it was not installed in either C: or E:.
3. I had the E: partition formatted and replaced with 32-bit XP. When I boot into 32-bit XP, WINDIR=E:\WINDOWS.
4. In 32-bit XP, my PATH variable in 32-bit XP does not contain any paths from drive C:.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version