ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Bug: Menus, buttons, UI, etc. do not respond to mouse clicks

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
If you exit the programs, and then restart them, they work, is tht right?  and then does the problem ever re-emerge on its own, or only after you reboot?

ptran:
Correct. I exit the program (I right click on the system tray icon, select exit, and then start them back up).

I'll have to keep an eye out for the second condition---whether the programs re-enter this odd state.

mouser:
if they never re-enter this state, and it ONLY happens when first started at boot time, then the problem is much less of a mystery, and seems to befall some users on startup, and there is a hope for a solution.

ptran:
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I checked Clipboard Help+Spell (Screenshot Captor) after login and each time (with one exception), I observe the problem. On one occasion, a window appeared on the desktop for Screenshot Captor.  I double clicked the title bar, and a rather large blank (white background only) window appeared. So in each of these cases, I stopped both programs. I restart each one, wait for them to minimize to the system tray, and opened them up---they were functional. So it does appear that the problems I see are occurring from the time the start up after logging in.

After restarting the programs after login, I have not seen the problem recur. When I double click the system tray icons, the window opens up and I can select text from the clippings (and images from Screenshot Captor).

I tried logging out and then loggin in, and saw the same results.

mouser:
right ok.. so i'd say your problems are just an extreme case of the bad startup-with-windows bug that seems to happen to some people who use a few of my programs.  for some reason when they start with windows they don't minimize to the tray properly and the window is unresponsive, at least until the program is restarted or until the main window is close and re-opened.  i am going to be releasing a few updates at the end of this month and in early may and i will try to get this fixed by then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version