topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 12:33 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: [BUG?] Under user profile using MUI  (Read 5051 times)

KamyKaze

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
[BUG?] Under user profile using MUI
« on: April 10, 2008, 05:50 PM »
When starting CH&S I got this error:
"Could not convert variant of type (String) into type (Double)."

I think it's because of this particular set of circumstances which may (or may not) be rare:

This is a XP SP2 setup with Multilingual User Interface (MUI) installed. Admin profile under which CH&S was installed, has Portuguese Regional Settings, including a comma (,) decimal separator. CH&S can be used without problem.

User1 needs English Regional settings, namely a period (.) decimal separator. If this user tries to start CH&S this error dialogue box pops up followed by many others. CH&S can only be stopped by ending its task or process.

I don't know if it is worth for you (or me) to pursue a solution to this bug. Perhaps if others are also affected. Anyway if you solve this or know a workaround that permits use of CH&S under such a user profile please respond.

Off topic:

I only just now started using CH&S. I only use the right-click menu to paste the recent clips which is only a fraction of the power and versatility that the program offers. I don't usually keep programs installed that do more (or less) than what I require but CH&S UI manages to keep it simple so I like it, will keep it anyway and will be aware of opportunities to use its more advanced functions.
Thank you for your good software.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: [BUG?] Under user profile using MUI
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 04:44 AM »
Thanks for this post Kamy.  I thought that I had fixed this problem.  Can I ask if you are using (and always have been using) the latest version? (v1.19.02).  Assuming yes, could you email me ([email protected]) so I can have you test a fix?