Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 18, 2014, 03:37:35 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: IDEA: Sex Sells Spider  (Read 11026 times)
tinjaw
Supporting Member

I'm so glad breakbeat techno isn't an illegal drug

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: February 29, 2008, 08:47:22 AM »

I would like a spider that crawls the web and finds every website that has a headshot of a smiling female with a telephone headset on. I would also like it to keep track of how many of these websites sell anything that is remotely related to females with headsets. Within that set, I would like to identify the subset that not only have products that have nothing to do with females with headsets, yet still feature a headshot of a female with a telephone headset on their virtual software box.

Of course, if you make this program, it must be provided under the Female With Headset (FWH) license that permits use of binary and source code of the program for any purpose as long as the picture of a female with a headset remains on all splashscreens, about screens, help screens, and any virtual software boxshots or marketing literature.

f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 09:08:12 AM »

huh huh huh

- carpe noctem
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 09:32:13 AM »

There was an old quote from one of the chatrooms I am a reg in (don't know which one, which is why I can't find it) that said something like...

you can't show real pics of real people doing what really goes on behind internet sites. Nobody would want to buy anything from a site that featured a pic of a fat ugly geek in his underwear.

Edvard
Coding Snacks Author
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 12:34:46 PM »

here go:
http://images.google.com/...ce&btnG=Search+Images
or:
http://alltheweb.com/sear...e+headset+office&o=24

Well, almost... Wink

All children left unattended will be given a mocha and a puppy.
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 01:12:36 PM »

a fat ugly geek in his underwear

Hey  Angry I resemble that remark...

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
Paul Keith

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 03:24:52 PM »

Sounds like an interesting experiment. This brings up an interesting topic, how do you plan to handle all that load or do you plan to just make a survey out of it?

<reserve space for the day DC can auto-generate your signature from your personal PopUp Wisdom quotes>
Eóin
Charter Member

O'Callaghan

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 04:16:43 PM »

Also it would important be to track in which images the headset is CG'd onto her head. I'm think of bluetooth here headsets which are real easy to photoshop in Wink I've seen more than a few in my time.

Interviewer: Is there anything you don't like?
Bjarne Stroustrup: Marketing hype as a substitute for technical argument. Thoughtless adherence to dogma. Pride in ignorance.
Target
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 06:29:04 PM »

you're call is important to us, please hold and one of our operators will be with you shortly...

"Look wise, say nothing, and grunt. Speech was given to conceal thought" - Sir William Osler
Shades

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 08:44:04 PM »

a fat ugly geek in his underwear

Hey  Angry I resemble that remark...

You prefer: 'geek in fat ugly underwear', I assume  Wink
Edvard
Coding Snacks Author
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 02:54:41 PM »

Perhaps this website would be of interest:
This site examines the cross-cultural trend of headset-wearing customer support representatives on corporate websites! While supplies last, we aim to provide 1 per workday for your entertainment and analysis.

The popularity of “Headset Hotties” is fascinating to view them from both the perspective of someone who is familiar with their widespread use and as an internet viewer with fresh eyes. While they can be a comforting face in a confusing online world, they are just as often a default design component. This website celebrates the former and challenges the latter.

We examine this balance with a scale of “Perceived Helpfulness,” which is admittedly unscientific, but nonetheless cuts to the essence of why they appear so frequently, peppered throughout corporate customer support pages.

from God knows where...

All children left unattended will be given a mocha and a puppy.
rgdot
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 03:44:48 PM »

lol @ such a site even existing
fenixproductions
Honorary Member

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2009, 05:37:30 PM »

Only waiting for http://fatuglygeekinhisunderwear.com left Wink

Надо было учиться, а не камни в школу бросать...
--
f0dder is my personal hero smiley
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2009, 11:21:17 PM »

a fat ugly geek in his underwear.

You mean like this? (not for the squeamish, and potentially NSFW)

f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2009, 04:16:14 AM »

a fat ugly geek in his underwear.

You mean like this? (not for the squeamish, and potentially NSFW)
Hahaha, that's great cheesy

- carpe noctem
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.051s | Server load: 0.08 ]