ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

suggestion: improve zoom with mousewheel

(1/5) > >>

brotherS:
Hi,

I just wondered: what about supporting "zoom in" with Ctrl-MouseWheelUp and "zoom out" with Ctrl-MouseWheelDown? Several other apps (like the cool http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/PaintNET/1096481993/1) support it too.

Also, what about giving the zoom slider on the right side a different color when it's NOT = 100%?
And maybe move the %-value to the top of that 'column', so it could sit there in a bigger font next to the other %-values. This would also allow to use more space for the central edit window.

mouser:
mouse wheel zoom is supported!
just make sure you are clicked inside main image window
(maybe i will try to add "hottracking" to it so you dont have to be clicked into the window to use).

different color for when % not 100 i can do that.

i could move it up BUT i think there is some advantage to having it on the right, it gives you a nice big area to click on to quickly adjust zoom, and it helps to bring attention to that zoom area which many people seem to not even notice.

brotherS:
mouse wheel zoom is supported!
just make sure you are clicked inside main image window
(maybe i will try to add "hottracking" to it so you dont have to be clicked into the window to use).
-mouser (October 19, 2005, 07:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
That would REALLY help! :)

different color for when % not 100 i can do that.

--- End quote ---
Thanks!

i could move it up BUT i think there is some advantage to having it on the right, it gives you a nice big area to click on to quickly adjust zoom, and it helps to bring attention to that zoom area which many people seem to not even notice.

--- End quote ---
Hmm, you are right... maybe there's a better way to display that slider? or don't use the full height for it so it doesn't look like a part of the window layout?

AbteriX:
mouse wheel zoom is supported!-mouser (October 19, 2005, 07:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
One must disable "[X] Auto Fit" first.

AbteriX:
> maybe there's a better way to display that slider?

the right hand slider takes to many place.
I would prefer an little control like the one in the "create an circle/rectangel shape"
and on top of the screen near " [ ] Auto Fit, 50%, 100%, ..."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version