ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Microsoft Bid for Yahoo - Interesting Development...

<< < (3/5) > >>

Jibz:
Who would have guessed comparatively unobtrusive text adds that even sometimes seem remotely relevant would have won the competition against the flashing malware-ridden window-spawning sex adds that many other add companies fill your screen with :mrgreen:.

Darwin:
Oh well, at least we have the EU to stop their dreams ;D
-Lashiec (February 29, 2008, 09:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ok -- You've got some good points, but that there is just a very sick sick sick thing to say! :D
-Renegade (February 29, 2008, 10:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

EU = European Union, not END USER LICENCE AGREEMENT... or am I missing the point here (wouldn't be the first time and certainly not the last...  :-[)?

wraith808:
Yes... EU = European Union... why would you think EULA?  And the reason that creating a gorilla to fight a gorilla is a reasonable aim is because corporations are driven by money, and they won't switch without a compelling reason. 

And I would argue that MS doesn't have an OS monopoly... Linux, *nix, and OSX compete quite well.. they just have a large market share.

Carol Haynes:
And I would argue that MS doesn't have an OS monopoly... Linux, *nix, and OSX compete quite well.. they just have a large market share.
-wraith808 (February 29, 2008, 03:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Something well over 90% in the US and even higher everywhere else - looks like a monopoly to me.

Anyone noticed how lots of US TV shows (24 is an obvious one) only use Macs - pure product placement. I refuse to believe that the Mac is the US government standard issue - especially in security circles  :-\

Darwin:
Yes... EU = European Union... why would you think EULA?
I didn't... I was just wondering why Renegade feels that having the EU stop Microsoft's bid to compete with Google via purchasing Yahoo! is very sick! It occurred to me that he may have interpreted EU as M$' end user agreement or something...
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version