ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Microsoft Bid for Yahoo - Interesting Development...

(1/5) > >>

Renegade:
Seven Shareholders Sue Yahoo for Flubbing Microsoft’s Bid

And here's the kicker...

Meanwhile, Microsoft may use its right as a Yahoo shareholder to overthrow its 10-member board (which includes CEO Jerry Yang) – and replace it with directors who would lend a more sympathetic ear to Microsoft.
--- End quote ---

Muahahaha!

Microsoft hungry! Microsoft eat Yahoo! Yumm! :D

f0dder:
But is this a good thing? For us end-users, that is... I think Microsoft are already big enough...

iphigenie:
I always find it interesting how people worry about Microsoft but nobody seems to worry much about google controlling so much of what happens on the net - what people find, their email, their documents, what they look at, analytics on a huge number of sites, advertising, lots of content (maps, scanned books, collections), quite a lot of backbone operators etc. etc. etc.

iphigenie:
Although I happen to like Yahoo and to think that they don't need to be gobbled up - they still have a lot to go for them and can easily start growing again...

f0dder:
Oh, I worry about google as well... but they do seem a slight bit less evil than Microsoft. Might just be because they don't have quite as bad a monopoly as Microsoft (yet).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version