ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > General Review Discussion

Wovel

<< < (5/6) > >>

allen:
so,
is it pronounced Woe-vel or Wov-el or wuvel to rhyme with shovel (shuvel) :tellme:

[it's been like spring here too (germany, north of alsace) but snow forecast, eh, which will make it about six inches this winter altogether...]
-tomos (March 01, 2008, 11:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

8-15 inches forecasted this weekend . . . about to go out and wovel again. . . the ground just keeps filling up tonight!

It's pronounced just like shovel -- but with a w in place of the sh.

TucknDar:
Looks great for places with snow. And that doesn't include Oslo, Norway anymore, apparently.  :(

allen:
Just finished my second snow with the wovel -- first big snow . . . each time I use it, I'm more amazed by its efficacy.  I used to spend my hours shoveling wishing I had a snow blower.  Now, I just happily look forward to my warm-up cup of coffee afterwards. The Wovel almost takes away the satisfaction of removing snow by man power alone, it's so much easier!

techidave:
So Allen, exactly how wide is the shovel or wovel?  I have looked on their website but it doesn't say.  We don't get near the amount of snow down here in Kansas as you do but my body cannot handle the stress of shoveling anymore.  :(

Since I do not own a snow blower or a tractor with a blade, I too am stuck doing it by hand.  I may have to get one of these before next winter.

allen:
It has about a 25 inch blade span -- and it is so much less stressful on the body! First few rounds with it will make your mucles a bit sore as it uses a different set than other forms of shoveling, but I'll take a good upper body workout over neck and back pain any day!  For dealing with more reasonable amounts of snow, as you're liable to get in Kansas, the Wovel should make snow removal all but a joke for you :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version