topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 4:57 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Hi I am a software addict, I need extra gb's, can anyone help my problem?  (Read 6235 times)

mitzevo

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Control is power
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi my name is mitzevo and I am a software addict, some times I think I spend more time playing around with software than actually using it for its purpose, for instance, I try test at least 3 apps from one category (ftp programs, text editors, etc.), it really is time consuming, but I'm just trying to find the best for myself and now I have no GBs!.. Can any one help me? I need extra GB's to store more softwares.. cmon guys, just email me how many GB's you want to help me out with and I will be happy to accept any thing! But I also store alot of (questionable?) things as well.. so yeah.. help me out with extra GB's!

The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

Check your recycle bin. I may have hidden some space in there for you. If not, I might have hidden it in Add/Remove programs.  ;)

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Add/Remove programs is to appaholics what Antabus is to alcoholics... or perhaps not quite, but it sounded good :)
- carpe noctem

sri

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Sridhar Katakam
    • Donate to Member
Add/Remove Programs does take time to come up. A better alternative is ZSoft Uninstaller.
<a href="https://sridharkatakam.com">My blog</a>

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I think you need spacemonger, mitzevo!
It helped me find a disk image of a virtual install of windows that i wasn't using anymore and had forgotten about :)

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
You need professional help. Talk to Darwin ;D

yotta

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
i reccomend revo uninstaller for uninstalling, alternatively you couls buy a new harddrive

icekin

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • icekin.com Technology,Computers and the Internet
    • Donate to Member
Get an old computer. I have a laptop lying around with a 5GB hard disk. I use it regularly. Then, when I get back to using my main computer, 60GB seems like a lot. It also teaches me to only install apps I need. I test them out and then quickly decide to keep them or remove them.

Other things you can try :

1) Remove hotfix uninstall information. If you had not had problems in a while, just remove this to save some space.

2) Turn off system restore. Disk Imaging is way better.

3) Delete leftovers from older installations. Lots of programs leave behind user settings and other files even after uninstall. Unless you plan to reinstall again in the future, you can delete the user settings.