topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 3:31 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: "DonatonCoder" crew now in Drift City  (Read 6871 times)

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
"DonatonCoder" crew now in Drift City
« on: February 25, 2008, 07:03 PM »
Hey fellow gamers,

I have started a "crew" in the racing game I play, known as Drift City: the "DonatonCoder" crew (note spelling error, see below for reason). This is a set of players that join together to earn points, reputation, work together and also dominate the channels (servers) in racing ability.

Pros:
  • This allows anyone interested in the game to group with other DC'ers at any time in play.
  • Easy way for anyone interested to quickly join others starting out, and get help from me (and anyone else).
  • Lets everyone meet everyone else, so we know people right from the start.
  • Allows us to gain a reputation on the various servers.
  • etc....

Cons:
  • I had to remove the I in Donationcoder to fit the crew name into the requirements (and I didn't notice till after I made it, and spent $10k on it...). But it is a minor misspelling (and I couldn't avoid it anyways).
  • You have to be an active member, and remember to log on regularly (trouble for some of you :P)
  • You can't act foolishly (it is fun... :)) because everyone can see the Crew tag (within visual range) and we don't want a bad reputation

If you play the game, and want to join the crew, I am online most of the time so just IM me on Xfire, or any of my other 12 instant messaging options... ;D http://incredisims.com/contactus.aspx and I will meet you and get you setup :)

If you want to try the game, it is about 750MB (plus the occasional update), but will run on most PCs today. You can get started here: http://drift.ijji.com/

-Brandon

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: "DonatonCoder" crew now in Drift City
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 09:34 PM »
nice word-play.. sounds like "Done-A-Tonne". 8)

btw, their server is down (for maintenance it seems).

ws-ijji-1.png

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: "DonatonCoder" crew now in Drift City
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 09:35 PM »
Yes, it was interesting (and kinda ... angered me (I had some words)) when I found I misspelled it, but oh well. And yes, it is down for another... 2 hours. Making the servers more stable! :D