ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Stage6 closing for ever on Thursday

<< < (2/3) > >>

tinjaw:
Has anybody contacted the folks at The Internet Archive to see if they are interested it getting the content from Stage6?

Renegade:
Man... This sucks...

Not sure about everyone else, but I live in South Korea, and getting content is almost impossible.

I'd be more than happy to pay for it, but none of the studios are interested in letting me buy their stuff. Stage6 was great because I could at least get things that would not otherwise be available to me.

I don't download from Stage6, but I certainly love having TV shows available.

I suppose this is a "burn rate" issue with the money running out and the studios not giving in to the new business models that are available to them.

Just how hard is this question:

I WANT TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY. PLEASE TAKE IT! HOW CAN I GIVE YOU MY MONEY?

Complete ****ing retards!

At least we still have Veoh...

Maybe someday someone will wake up and smell the money. I hate farting around and would much rather just buy TV shows or movies online than mess around and waste time.

Stage6 has such great quality too. Not very stable software, but the quality rocked when it didn't crash.

Lashiec:
I never used Stage6, so what benefits did they offer over getting content using BitTorrent clients? (Apart from having shows that are impossible to get in BitTorrent due to the lack of seeders)

Curt:
You may sign this petition to make them keep Stage6:

To:  Stage6

This petition is designated as the official online petition for those of us who want to keep Stage 6 running. We, the people who have signed this petition use Stage 6 and are very disappointed with the decision of closing the site, and we would like to keep the site open. This petition shows I support Stage 6 and do not wish for it to be taken down.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

View Current Signatures

--- End quote ---

So far: 21,456 Signatures Total - including mine.

tinjaw:
That petition is completely worthless. It is just 25K people begging for Stage 6 to keep bleeding money and time so they can get More Free Stuff. They would be much better coming up with a single sustainable business plan than a million worthless signatures.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version