ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

XPPro SP3

<< < (16/19) > >>

SKA:
Can anyone recomend economical(low price) online website  where we could just buy a
XP SP3 product key and use it with above (nudone's) ISO link ?

SKA

Deozaan:
Nudone kindly sent me this link ...

Download Unmodified ISOs of WinXP SP3

These are full install media for SP3 (various languages and Pro and Home versions).

The main advantage of these is that they are not slipstreamed versions - they are initial install discs went burned. You will need this version if you wish to install Windows XP SP3 without entering a serial code (thus getting a 30 days full trial version which can be activated later).
-Carol Haynes (May 05, 2008, 08:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

The problem with these is that a 30 day trial does me no good if my key doesn't work. I downloaded the SP3 VL ISO, since I used to have an MSDN subscription and got XP SP2 with a Volume License. I thought it would work with the SP3 disc but apparently it doesn't. So now I'm back to trying to figure out how to get SP2 to update to SP3 without destroying Windows/Microsoft Update. . .

EDIT: See below for update.

f0dder:
The problem with these is that a 30 day trial does me no good if my key doesn't work. I downloaded the SP3 VL ISO, since I used to have an MSDN subscription and got XP SP2 with a Volume License. I thought it would work with the SP3 disc but apparently it doesn't. So now I'm back to trying to figure out how to get SP2 to update to SP3 without destroying Windows/Microsoft Update. . .-Deozaan (May 16, 2008, 07:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
That sounds weird - unless somebody has grabbed & pirated your SP2 VLK (massively), it ought to work with SP3? Contact Microsoft!

Deozaan:
The problem with these is that a 30 day trial does me no good if my key doesn't work. I downloaded the SP3 VL ISO, since I used to have an MSDN subscription and got XP SP2 with a Volume License. I thought it would work with the SP3 disc but apparently it doesn't. So now I'm back to trying to figure out how to get SP2 to update to SP3 without destroying Windows/Microsoft Update. . .-Deozaan (May 16, 2008, 07:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
That sounds weird - unless somebody has grabbed & pirated your SP2 VLK (massively), it ought to work with SP3? Contact Microsoft!
-f0dder (May 16, 2008, 07:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't shared my license with anyone. In fact it still works to install SP2. Unless I'm thinking of something else and I don't really need the VL version.

The deal was that I was allowed to install it on something like 5 or 10 different machines.

Deozaan:
I downloaded the non VL version of Windows XP SP3 and I was able to successfully activate windows. So it all works.

Thanks for the help!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version