ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

XPPro SP3

<< < (6/19) > >>

zridling:
Ha!  ;D  Hey, not fair — IE has had more new versions in two years than it had in the previous five! Here's the latest on this build and where they're at: "It also includes previously released updates to the latest versions of some system components, as well as functionality that make it easier for enterprises to co-manage both Windows XP SP3 and Windows Vista PCs within same corporate environment."

Makes sense now that Vista-SP1 is finished and released.

Curt:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/Microsoft_Windows_XP_Service_Pack_3_Final_d4323.html

Cuffy:
I've been trying for two days to download this. Getting nowhere if I did get a connection and finally nothing but 404s.
About 1:30 PST here in Calif. I tried the last link at the bottom of the list at MajorGeeks and it came pumping down like I was the only man at the pump!
It just finished about 10 mins ago so if you couldn't get a connection previously give tail-end charlie a go.

-----

lanux128:
they have also added a BitTorrent link, so everyone can try that and take some pressure off their servers.

Carol Haynes:
I managed to download it. Did a full backup and installed it fine. No problems that I am aware of - no drivers not recognised and my AV was fine and other startup items and software I have tried. Took about 15 minutes to install but went through without a hitch. I have checked various obvious things:

* the TaskBar address Toolbar is still removed (as in the release candidates) - shame but I can live with it. You can always use Windows+R instead
* TCPIP.SYS in SP3 is a different build to SP2 and has the 10 half connection limit as in SP2. The usual hack still works though. I have not noticed any issues using the tool with the new build (see http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=downloads#4226patch)
* There is a new tab in MSCONFIG called Tools which lists and gives access to lots of useful Windows Tools. Not sure but is this in Vista MSCONFIG (I haven't got Vista switched on at the mo to check)
* Task Manager has a new Users tab showing currently logged in users. I presume this is new (not seen it before). Presumably if you use User Switching you can use this to logoff usrers that don't need to be logged in any longer without going through Logoff > Logon > Logoff > Login
Tha's all I have so far - haven't noticed anything else different.

Anything else I should be looking for?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version