Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 26, 2014, 08:10:53 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: [request] Minimize to system trsy on right click of minimize button  (Read 8119 times)
yotta
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: February 25, 2008, 11:39:45 AM »

hi, i was wondering if it would be possible to make a small app that would minimize any app to the system trayn when you right click the minimize button

yes i know taskswitch-xp does this, but it also makes alt-tab slower.

also clicking the system tray icon to restore
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 12:14:01 PM »

I think there are quite a few programs out there that do that.
TrayIt! comes to mind.

yotta
Supporting Member

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 01:04:50 PM »

thanx! i thought someone here would know something, but i couldnt find it googling, so i thought id ask.

thnx again
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 03:42:11 PM »

something else in that direction - power menu
http://www.abstractpath.com/powermenu/

I use Alt+Spacebar + up arrow twice which sounds complicated but a lot quicker then finding minimise button with mouse, or i right click on prog in taskbar and select option -
it also does: always on top/transparency and change priority as well but I've never used those

with this minor ... whatsthatword?? - caveat!!
http://www.abstractpath.c...enu/#c7916804751596347694

Tom
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 08:43:06 PM »

if you're single purpose tool, you can try this AHK-based tool: Min2Tray v1.7.7.

btw, another alternative is DM2. (formerly known as Dialog Mate).

DM2 Mouse Button Config

yotta
Supporting Member

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 10:51:45 AM »

alt+spacebar+up twice wouldnt be usefulto me as it would clash with launchy,

min2tray was exactly what i was looking for, but ill probably end up using DM2

thanks lanux!
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 06:46:51 PM »

you're welcome, yotta. Thmbsup

PhilB66
Supporting Member

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 09:19:04 PM »

RBTray does exactly that:

"RBTray allows you to minimize windows in the tray area on taskbar by clicking right mouse button on the window`s minimize/close box or from system menu or from window`s system menu. And to set any window in Always on top state from window`s system menu."
yksyks
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 02:29:05 AM »

When using mouse, I prefer Pitaschio, where you can define for example wheel-click or right-click on the title bar to do this (or many others) operation.

When using keyboard, I suggest using HotkeyP or HotKeyz to define "minimize to tray" command to virtually any key combination or multimedia key.
yotta
Supporting Member

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 02:55:46 PM »

rbtray!! its great, it does what it says on the tin. and only that. its also tiny with the process running at about 350k
johncck
Participant

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 11:12:07 PM »

Guys, is there a program that could minimise the windows not to the system tray but a seperate "tray" that is perhaps just beside the system tray? 

Iconic Tray has something similar where it places a button beside the system tray and you have to click this button and a dropdown menu opens containing a list of minimised windows.  Similar, but not exactly what i was looking for. 

My main complaint was that I couldn't easily distinguish a systray icon from a minimised window icon.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.039s | Server load: 0.04 ]