ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

New custom programming font available for download at DonationCoder.com: Dina

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
If you are a programmer, you owe it to yourself to check out the new custom Dina font that Jibz has made and been kind enough to donate to DonationCoder.com for us to host:

https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Other/Dina/index.html

It's a really elegant 8pt font that has great readability for coding.  I have been using it for a little over a day now and i am totally in love with it  :-*

If you want to read more about what motivated Jibz to work on this you can check out his blog column from earlier this week:
https://www.donationcoder.com/Columns/mts/b_jibz/archives/2005/10/fontastic.html#more

Mark0:
Seems very nice. Have to try that.
Thanks!

BYe!

Jibz:
Hi,

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm still working on improving the font. At the moment I am adding hand-edited bold and italic versions as shown on the attached image.

While it is a lot of work, it has the advantage that I can make the bold and italic versions the same width as the regular font (like with Courier New).

mouser:
it has the advantage that I can make the bold and italic versions the same width as the regular font
--- End quote ---

excellent - looks great.  :up:

kfitting:
I may be missing the whole point of the font, but could I request larger sizes than 8?  I realize it is supposed to take up as little space as possible and all that, but being 23 and resigned to the fact that I will be sitting in front of computers for most of my career, I would like to ease the eye strain.  I really like the way you made the font, it is much easier reading, just a tad small!  Monitor resolution is 1280x1024. 

Once again, I realize this may not fit your goals (in which case forget about it!), but the font is really nice and I would love to use it!

Kevin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version