ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking to find or build a simple specific app.

(1/3) > >>

precogmark:
Hey all,

very cool to find this forum. i am an old mac guy who went windows a looong time ago. however, there was a program that i deeply miss and hope someone may knows of an equivalent or might be able to re-program it for windows.

The best way to describe it is:

http://www.mac.org/system/clickthereitis/

but in my own words, you are in photoshop/word/etc and want to get to a specific directory. rather than having to burrow backwards and click, click, click to various sub sub sub directories (or networked folders)...if you could be in the save/open dialog box and move your cursor to a folder that is open on your desktop...and click anywhere inside that folder...the save/open dialog box would automatically "jump" to that directory....this feature was awesome and save a TON of time.especially when performing macros!

anyhoo...any feedback or help would be awesome and thanks for reading.

[email protected]

Darwin:
I may be misunderstanding what you're after, but there are a variety of File Dialog extenders that should provide you with some of this funcitonality. They were reviewed at DC about 18 months ago: https://www.donationcoder.com/Reviews/Archive/DialogExtenders/index.html

FWIW what you describe sounds a bit like the old (3rd party shareware) Instant File Access app from Windows 3.x, which I dearly loved and miss a lot...

Darwin:
OK. I missed the boat completely. Here's the developer's description of Clickthereitis:

Click, there it is! is something Apple should have done in the Open/Save dialog boxes since the invention of "multitasking." Have you ever wanted to Open/Save a document into a place where the Finder already has a window opened for it? If you see the window in the Finder you can instantly make that your current folder for opening or saving simply by clicking on it. If the Open/Save dialog should happen to obscure the Finder window you are looking for, then simply drag it out of the way by dragging it from any point along the frame!
--- End quote ---

Does sound cool and I don't know of an existing application that will do that. I'll have to try it under OS X!

Curt:
I have been wanting this feature a thousand³ times!

Make it happen!  :Thmbsup:

Ampa:
I think FlashFolders has this capability - it has a drop-down of "folders of currently open files" to "global history of folders". Between the two you should be able to jump to any recently  / currently accessed area of your disk.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version