ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

urls: from .txt file to browser tabs. How?

(1/2) > >>

urlwolf:
I have this little text file with URLs that I need to test.
I'm thinking on passing Opera/FF/Whatever a text file with urls, and getting each one opened in a tab. Is this Possible? How?

Thanks

lanux128:
if you don't mind copying the contents into the clipboard first, then you can use this Firefox add-on: Copy All Urls.

copies and pastes all urls of open tabs inclusive history in structured and well defined form to and from clipboard.
--- End quote ---

AbteriX:
you can use this Firefox add-on: Copy All Urls.-lanux128 (February 23, 2008, 06:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nice find lanux128

I have this little text file with URLs that I need to test.-urlwolf (February 23, 2008, 06:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
For a few URLs i just use PSPad to "read" the text and click the URL to open it in iE

And, BTW, since a few like this:

lanux128:
thanks AbteriX. btw i wonder if this is what urlwolf was looking for? :)

Target:
another possible alternative - <a href="http://www.tranglos.com/free/visiturl.html">VisitURL</a>

no longer developed, but I used it for quite a while (albeit sometime ago) and it's works a treat

can capture urls from the clipboard or (apparently) import from (or export to) a file - captured URLs can be opened as a batch in your browser of choice, and/or saved as 'permanent' list.

Target

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version