ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Windows Live Skydrive: Tried Anyone?

<< < (6/9) > >>

kyrathaba:
Our printer rarely drops off the wifi. When it does, a restart usually fixes it.

Stoic Joker:
Our printer rarely drops off the wifi. When it does, a restart usually fixes it.-kyrathaba (July 11, 2011, 12:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Glad to hear it - Don't change anything... Seriously.

Not more than 10min after making the previous post, the very same client in question called regarding the return of the napping printer issue. It's still on the WiFi just fine (for now), but Windows thinks it's off-line so it just sits there snoring away (even tho that "feature" was disabled...) and nothing ever prints.

:-\ ...If the client doesn't mind, I think I'll set it on fire.  :D

tomos:
Whatever you think about Skdrive remember it is MS and personally I don't trust them with my data since they lost a whole pile of community websites after a server failure (and didn't have backups).

I hope they learned the lesson (I certainly did - which is why I will never trust them to look after my files again - and that includes Office 360 or Office Live).
-Carol Haynes (July 11, 2011, 07:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

who do you trust (?!)
... a sort of a rhetorical question I guess

Carol Haynes:
Whatever you think about Skdrive remember it is MS and personally I don't trust them with my data since they lost a whole pile of community websites after a server failure (and didn't have backups).

I hope they learned the lesson (I certainly did - which is why I will never trust them to look after my files again - and that includes Office 360 or Office Live).
-Carol Haynes (July 11, 2011, 07:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

who do you trust (?!)
... a sort of a rhetorical question I guess
-tomos (July 11, 2011, 01:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Very few offering free services ... call me a cynic but in the world of data storage I suspect you are likely to get what you pay for - and if you are paying you at least have some comeback if/when things go wrong.

kyrathaba:
I agree with what you said, Carol. Like you, I don't really trust MS to not lose a backup. For that matter, neither do I fully trust SpiderOak or CrapDropbox. What I'm doing is hedging my bets: I'm using SkyDrive, SpiderOak, Dropbox, a thumbdrive, and an external HD for backups (and copying the HD to another HD that normally resides in a firebox at my father's residence). They can't all fail, right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version