ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Ninjawords - closed

(1/3) > >>

czb:
This topic has been discontinued.
See:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=17153.0

mouser:
Lets remember to give Nod5 some credit for this one (see his original post here).

czb:
I have uploaded a new "testing" version. I have added some kind of temporary history (until FARR is closed or plugins reloaded). So try it and tell me if you like it or not ;)

Nod5:
The temporary history works fine. :up: I can see some neat uses for a feature like that. Someone might want to do a lot of separate lookups and then export all of the definitions in one go. They now only need to select all and copy and paste.

Did you try the alternative code for grabbing the definition that I posted https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=12350.msg103138#msg103138 ? It works fine here and I see no drawbacks. Possible advantages:
1. It seems slightly faster, but that might just be wishful thinking. :-)
2. it adds a dot and a space before any examples in the definition, which the old code didn't do.
regular code:
  red
(adj): having red as its colour; of hair, having an orange-brown colour"the girl wore a red skirt."
--- End quote ---
alternative code:
  red
(adj): having red as its colour; of hair, having an orange-brown colour. "the girl wore a red skirt."
--- End quote ---
3. When doing multiple lookups ("nw one,two ") the alternative grabbing code places the definition for "one" at the top of the FARR results window and the definition for "two" below it. That seems more intuitive to me. The regular code (and the regular ninjawords.com searchbox) gives the definitions in the reverse order ("two" at top, "one" below it). I guess an advantage with the regular code is that it gives a consistent search history ordering: the latest entered searchphrase always gets it definition displayed at the top. I still prefer the alternative code's ordering though.

Oh and at the top of this thread it says "Authors: Nod5". I'm proud to be mentioned but clearly you should also be there czechboy!

taichimaster:
Should I be uninstalling the Definr plugin now that this one is better?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version