ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Another System Explorer

(1/8) > >>

Carol Haynes:
TechRepublic/ZDNet today suggested a useful utility from http://systemexplorer.mistergroup.org/ called System Explorer.

It does a lot of things similar to apps like ShellEx and Process Explorer but has a few I haven't seen before.

* You can access services (and start stop etc) from a single tab.
* It has a history button that logs what your system is doing and you can take snapshots
* A list of open files and which apps has them open
* A list of network connections and related apps etc.
* An uninstaller with extra options
Here is a sample screenshot:

Small download and worth a look.

By the way it doesn't need installing just download and double click - options are store in an ini file in the same folder as the app.

techidave:
Nice find Carol.  I like it and it saves me from Googling a lot of the processes to figure out what they are. :Thmbsup:

Dave

jgpaiva:
Hey, that looks good!

I'm off to download it right away :)

Lashiec:
Looks interesting, probably nothing that other separate apps I have can't do, but worth a peek anyway :)

Darwin:
Very nice, thanks Carol  :Thmbsup: It's lightning quick, easy to read, and light on resources. I *think* this is a keeper. I like Systernals Process Explorer a lot, but this, to my mind, has an easier to read/understand/naviagate interface.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version