ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Bluescreens and then reboots too quickly for me to read what it says

(1/4) > >>

mouser:
Whoever came up with the idea of having the system crash with a big blue screen with tiny text filling the screen and somewhere on there having a clue to what went wrong, followed by 500 milliseconds of delay and then a computer reboot that clears the screen, is a super genius.  i mean truly that is really something special.

now just for fun, does anyone know a way to figure out what the text might have been on a bluescreen that results in a system reset before you can read it?

ps i've been getting these bluescreens once a week lately and i suspect it's because i was crazy enough to install windows xp 64bit, but that's another matter.

TucknDar:
there should be some files in Windows\Minidump with the information from every Bluescreen. They can be read with MS Windows Debugging tools.

nosh:
Check out this thread.

Even if it disobeys the "stop on error" you should be left with a crashdump to analyze

TucknDar:
Also, you might want to check the following "change the value of 'AutoReboot' to equal '1' for automatic reboot, or '0' for disabled."  You'll find it in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl

Veign:
If the blue screen occurs during the boot process you may want to check out BootVis and see if that gives you any clue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version