ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sleep is killing my mouse

<< < (2/4) > >>

Lashiec:
Maybe if you tick off the box named "Allow the system to turn off this device to save energy" (loose translation) in the Properties dialog for your "USB root hub" (loose translation again) accessed via the Device Manager, you could use the most advanced state without problems. The ethernet port also suffers from the same problem, but unchecking the box helps.

Deozaan:
Thanks for the clarification on S1 and S3, mouser.

I shut off my computer to try the mouse back in the PS/2 port again and ran into some troubles getting my PC to turn on again.

Finally I managed to get it back on and now the mouse works in the PS/2 port. I haven't tried sleep mode or shutting down again because now I'm afraid that the PC won't turn on again.

I did go in and uncheck the "allow the system to turn off this device" for my USB Root Hubs, but now that the mouse is plugged into the PS/2 port again we'll see what happens.

Deozaan:
Well, after turning my computer on (from completely off) today my PS/2 mouse wasn't working again, so I plugged it back into the USB port and tested the difference with S1 and S3 sleep. S3 is definitely the culprit in stopping the USB from working during sleep, and unfortunately Lashiec's suggestion to uncheck those boxes didn't help. So I changed it to S1 mode and it works as it should.

Unfortunately, S1 sleep isn't quiet and it seems to me no use since all the lights are on and the fans are spinning. My wife will think it's on still and try to shut it off. S3 sleep was great until my PS2 mouse stopped working. I'm not sure what it is, since it was working when I shut it down but it stopped working when I turned it on.

It's a USB mouse with a USB->PS/2 adapter. I suppose it's possible that the adapter is failing. Maybe I can find another one to test it with. I was really enjoying the benefits of quiet S3 sleep.

mouser:
i suggest you borrow another mouse from a friend and see if it sleeps ok.  if it does, get a new mouse.

Cloq:
You may also want to see if your motherboard support website offers a bios update or if it is a brand PC (e.g DELL) go to their support site and see if there is a firmware update.

These days bios updates work wonders.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version