topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 24, 2024, 4:19 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: VizTracker  (Read 5946 times)

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
VizTracker
« on: February 21, 2008, 11:24 AM »
Have you ever wanted a simple defect/issue tracker for a simple project- but didn't want to use excel or something like that?

This project started because of the fact that I needed a way to track issues, but didn't want anything heavy to do so, and didn't want to use excel.  It's pretty simple, and doesn't have anything to get in the way of its primary purpose- tracking defects.  I was originally designing it for NANY, but had some issues so couldn't finish on time.  I've expanded it since then, and haven't really decided whether to release it for gain or for free, but am reaching the point where I want others to take a look at it and tell me what they think.

If you have an interest in helping me finish the project, send me a PM and we can go from there.  Please only respond if you're interested in giving feedback.  If I do make it shareware, any testers will of course get a free copy.

Thanks!

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: VizTracker
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 11:28 AM »
I've finished this, and decided to release it as free, at least currently.  It's available for download from here.

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 02:35 AM »
I'm not a coder, but do some work on a couple of FARR aliases which I'd like to see if I could use VizTracker to help me with. I could see myself using it for some other things as well, such as working on a couple of websites.

But those projects of mine doesn't really have defects or issues as such, it's more like there are a few requests and todo-items for them. Would it be too much work to change VizTracker so that it could be used for requests/todos as well?

Also, it would be nice with some sort of documentation of the different aspects of the program. I've never used issue trackers or similar before so a lot of this is new to me. (yes, I notice that you mention some documentation coming, and I understand perfectly well that it's not top of your priority list with the little feedback you've got on this ;) )

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 08:31 AM »
Both of these should be pretty easy to add (and pretty useful besides), so I'll try to get them added as soon as possible (and the docs done :))

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 09:45 AM »
Both of these should be pretty easy to add (and pretty useful besides), so I'll try to get them added as soon as possible (and the docs done :))
That sounds as if it would be useful to me. Currently I track small projects with something as simple as a text file (and notes on the back of handy envelopes but those tend to get mailed to uncomprehending recipients).

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 12:19 PM »
(and notes on the back of handy envelopes but those tend to get mailed to uncomprehending recipients).
-cranioscopical (March 24, 2009, 09:45 AM)
Great for backup though, just in case your house burn down! 8)