Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 25, 2014, 04:31:05 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the Practical Guide to DonationCoder.com Forum Search Features

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 34 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?  (Read 347386 times)
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #275 on: September 12, 2007, 02:16:37 AM »

the map is called "donationcoder.com" -
maybe they need to get Wordzilla to do a job on their search engine  cheesy

Tom
yksyks
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #276 on: September 12, 2007, 02:18:34 AM »

Sorry, the same with "donationcoder.com". Both used to work a couple of day ago, though.
PhilB66
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #277 on: September 12, 2007, 02:26:36 AM »

Go to http://www.frappr.com/?a=myfrappr&id=5588 and click on Cody

Click "Join" button on the map.

* 2007-09-12_153433.jpg (6.47 KB, 175x77 - viewed 531 times.)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 02:35:37 AM by PhilB66 » Logged
yksyks
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #278 on: September 12, 2007, 03:31:42 AM »

Thanks, I did this three times before and did once more now. I can see my pin and picture in the first place, but I'm not listed neither in Photos, nor in Members. Or can you see me there?

Also, I don't have any "Maps I'm on" in my profile and on "Settings > Invite poeple" I can see only "You must be on this map yourself before inviting others."

I tried using Opera Merlin and IE7. No way.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #279 on: September 12, 2007, 06:43:13 AM »

frappr seems quite buggy..
hence this post: http://www.donationcoder....um/index.php?topic=9936.0
larefert
Participant

« Reply #280 on: September 12, 2007, 09:58:47 AM »

Well, I am a 57 year old ex Canadian military member, who retired after 27 years of service...Spend most my time on the computer or working around the house...Other than that, life is good and hope to be around to enjoy a lot more of it...I live in Edmonton, Alberta....
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 10:00:18 AM by larefert » Logged
y0himba
Charter Member

Yar.

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #281 on: September 12, 2007, 10:54:30 AM »

Wait:  Canadanadia has a military?  Not just the Mountme's? Grin

j/k

I am 41 and ex-Navy, good to meet you.

My Web Site:  http://www.y0himba.net
lrosebur
Charter Member

« Reply #282 on: September 12, 2007, 09:05:22 PM »

I am a 53 y/o married black female.  I will be married 35 years this December.  I am a software programmer working for the Department of Veterans Affairs.  I will be retiring in 2010 and moving to Greenwood, Ms.  Want to get away from the cold weather a high taxes up north.

Lynn
y0himba
Charter Member

Yar.

« Reply #283 on: September 13, 2007, 06:43:44 AM »

Hi Lynn!  Good to meet you.

My Web Site:  http://www.y0himba.net
LaoziSailor
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #284 on: October 05, 2007, 07:59:55 PM »

So this is my first post and OK, currently I am well..., maybe my handle/avatar will give a hint  Cool

My first computer was this one:

it was programmed like this:

and if you really want to know more about it, check out The IBM 407 Accounting Machine.

I retired from Big Blue after 30 years.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #285 on: October 05, 2007, 08:23:47 PM »

Hi Laozi and wecome to the site thumbs up
Those pictures are beautiful -- what a machine  Kiss
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #286 on: October 05, 2007, 09:08:48 PM »

Yes - welcome to the site Old Master Sailor  smiley

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
icekin
Supporting Member

« Reply #287 on: October 06, 2007, 05:27:28 AM »

Guess this thread completely missed me. I am 24, a biomedical engineer currently in Australia. I've lived in about 5 countries till now and traveled to a whole lot more. Software minimalism is an addiction and I tweak the hell out of my PC for speed. In general,

average age of the Software on my computer > average age of Hardware on my computer

I also hate throwing away any computer or electronic circuitry. No matter the condition, I try to fix it up or use the parts, even the screws, wires and ICs. I enjoy building electronic circuits and used to take part in micromouse competitions in the past.

I freelance as a web designer/developer besides my main job. I joined Donationcoder only long after I started reading the site and the posts. I greatly enjoy the function-over-form approach to software here and look forward to finding other communities like this on the web.
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #288 on: October 06, 2007, 08:03:52 AM »

I greatly enjoy the function-over-form approach to software here and look forward to finding other communities like this on the web.
I'm sorry to inform you that there is no such thing, when some community starts to have a similar user-base as DC, cody goes there and beats them with a stick!  Grin

Welcome to DC, icekin!

TeaTime
Supporting Member

A smilling laugh!

View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #289 on: October 17, 2007, 07:08:19 AM »

Hello everyone! My  name is Michel (that's Michael in English), I'm a Frenchman living at this time in France, will be 54 on Halloween (yep, I'm a 10/31 Scorpio!), officially a translator, but I still get to touch broader horizons... I discovered this friendly community of yours (of mine?) via the famous Process Tamer software, which enlightens my processor!

A very big  smiley to all!

The sun is always rising somewhere!
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #290 on: October 17, 2007, 07:43:06 AM »

hi TeaTime
welcome   smiley
bienvenue, or whatever it is you say over there !

Tom
TeaTime
Supporting Member

A smilling laugh!

View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #291 on: October 18, 2007, 03:09:29 PM »

Hello tomos, thanks for your "bienvenue", which is perfectly correct Thmbsup
I read many very interesting topics in the Living-room, nice to see more than only computing and technology!

The sun is always rising somewhere!
Silverchip
Supporting Member

« Reply #292 on: October 22, 2007, 03:22:24 AM »

Hello Everyone, I am John (20) I am a home security monitor ( Thank goodness its Monday.... Day off  Thmbsup). I am from Michigan, US. I loved process tamer from the beginning I seen it. Even though I could get a non-donators key I donated anyhow to get  the Supporting Member Status cheesy. Jeez, I brag to much.  ohmy cheesy
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

« Reply #293 on: October 22, 2007, 04:08:03 AM »

Hi John,

Nice that you're joining us!

I donated anyhow to get  the Supporting Member Status

Well done Thmbsup

Chris
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #294 on: October 22, 2007, 07:33:01 AM »

Yes, welcome John! We hope to see more of you around here  smiley

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
Planka
Participant

« Reply #295 on: October 22, 2007, 07:40:36 AM »

hi! My name is Masha! I'm a student  smiley
I live in Russia
I love Drum'n'Bass  Grin

* m_adab4d55d7.jpg (3.39 KB, 98x130 - viewed 391 times.)
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #296 on: October 22, 2007, 07:45:51 AM »

Welcome to DC, masha!  Thmbsup

zridling
Friend of the Site
Charter Member

Linux captive

« Reply #297 on: October 22, 2007, 09:02:08 PM »

Welcome John and Masha! Glad to have you with us.

- zaine (on Google+)
wolf.b

« Reply #298 on: October 26, 2007, 07:18:29 AM »

Hi all,

my name is Wolfgang, I am from Germany. I am 41 years old and computers are just a hobby, not my profession.
I have come across this forum, when I searched for tips on programming/scripting: AutoHotKey -> Skrommel -> DonationCoder
My impression is: DC is the friendliest place on the net.

mouser for president.

Schön wär's, wenn's schön wär!
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #299 on: October 26, 2007, 08:29:13 AM »

mouser for president.
Thmbsup

Wonderful idea! Wish I'd thought of it... Welcome to DC Wolfgang, glad to have you here  smiley

Pages: Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 34 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.053s | Server load: 0.13 ]