ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (48/187) > >>

emerald222:
Good call!  It's a painting called "the meditative rose", but I can't remember its year.  Sounds like you'll have an exciting summer!  Have fun!

roadrunner2525:
Hi everyone,

... Flash forward to now: I'm a user experience researcher (also called usability engineer) at Microsoft in Seattle, WA.  The program I work on is Windows Media Center.  Day in and day out, I'm running studies or visiting users in their homes and getting to see how real users (not the software engineers) use our program.  The difference can be quite striking at times!

So, there you have it.  :)
-Dichotomy (April 23, 2007, 05:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Now that takes guts.  Knowing what most people's knee jerk reaction to the words "Microsoft" is, to baldy admit a connection takes some serious intestinal fortitude. 

Seriously,  I just bought a new Dell with Media Center on it and I am impressed.  Not with the Dell particularly but a good deal made it hard to pass up.

Which brings me to my next question (for everyone this time), Any Dell support people out there?  Who speak and understand English as a first language?  And finally, who understand the Intel RAID system?  Boy, am I shooting loaded dice!  The last one is the most important, so an Intel guru will work also  :D

What 60's revival?  Are they dead?  Why wasn't I told!  Now I have to get rid of the tie-died stuff and the flower van.

Phil Wade

mouser:
Wow! This thread is becoming one of my favorites.  Glad to meet all of you, Gregabear, Grorgy, emerald222, catloversun, Dichotomy, suleika, roadrunner2525, and everyone else.   :up:

Dichotomy:
RoadRunner, glad to hear you like Media Center.  Was it the Vista version? 

I started at MS in early September but ran a large study on Media Center covering success rates, time to complete tasks, and where errors are made in the latest version.  I'm pushing some changes up to the managers and some UI changes will most likely be seen in the next release, though I'm not at liberty to say if that's in a service pack or Windows 7.

With all the criticism Microsoft gets (and believe me, I certainly give it too!), it's nice to know they value user experience.  Involving users in design makes software that much better.  :)

lrosebur:
I am a software programer at a VA hospital.
I live in Illinois, married 34 years.  I am 52 and hubby is 56.

Lynn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version