ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (46/187) > >>

Darwin:
Welcome emerald, loonier, roadrunner, and grorgy. emerald, I am convinced that I recognise your avatar, but from where?

emerald222:
Whee!  This is fun... I didn't think anyone would care.  But considering I put it as a challenge, I should have known better with this bunch!  I'll give you a clue...he was a painter who once said:
There is only one difference between a madman and me.  I am not mad.

ps-any Douglas Adams fan in this "get to know each other" thread?

Darwin:
You made that too easy! The answer was on my short list of "guesses", and I now realise why the painting is familar (I had an art history major as a flat mate in university) but I'll leave it to someone else to expose the painter to extend the fun!

emerald222:
Darwin:  You teach intro anthropology?  That sounds really interesting (NOT being sarcastic!)  Is "Ishi" or something like that required reading?  I took a (very) basic course ages ago, and worked in a museum that contained artifacts soley found in the area (southern Manitoba).  For such a small place it was neat to see all the history there.  Granted, it was mostly Native arrowheads and such, but there were quite a few cultural pieces too and things like tent rings and such.  I'm guessing your line of work doesn't touch on any of these areas (based only on the fact I would like them too!)....but I thought I'd check.

catloversun:
Hi! I guess you could call me a "newbie",  :-\ but I hope you won't because I hate that word! :) lol  :P
Anyway...I was born and raised in Orlando, Florida and now live just outside there in Winter Park, Florida. I have a technical cerificate (whoopdee doo) in computer programming that I got on my way working towards an AS in same, but halfway there decided I prefer working with computers to working ON computers. (It was the networking class that did me in) ;)
Anyhoo, I am now a senior working on my BA in Environmental and Growth Management Studies (geez what a name) at Rollins College. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version