topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • November 16, 2018, 03:51 PM
  • Proudly celebrating 13 years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?  (Read 626323 times)

sl5

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
studied Informatics (Diploma Degree) from 2006 until 2009. thesis (score of 1.7) at IBM SAP International Competence Center (ISICC) located at the SAP Partner Port near Heidelberg in Germany.
first game developed in the age of 13 years.
visit the Technical High School, Degree 1994: University student, computer science "very good"
short time i rised to 9th place in the GitHub "List of top Autohotkey developers in Germany" ( 12.07.2015 )
some you could find at github.com/sl5net
... and i searching job / project, searching partners ...
and I owe donationcoder.com 50 euros :-[

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Welcome, sl5 -- good to meet you :Thmbsup:

SheilaDi

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi Everyone,  GGma here in Small Town, MN.  Have 2 sons,  8 grandchildren and at last count 4 great-grandchildren. Consider myself tech-challenged, but am learning, slowly, how to do things.  Have discovered computer games, though not the role-playing ones.  Mostly homebody, love to read, crochet and quilt, but do walk for exercise three seasons of the year.  MN winter can be waaay tooo cold to walk.  Also collect cats...not live ones as we can't have pets in the apartments here.  Have over 200 cat pins.  Have no idea how much cat fabric, stuffed animals or little figurines I have. :D

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
hi SheilaDi, and welcome to dc

Have over 200 cat pins.
is a pin like, a brooch? Would love to see a pic of some of them (if you felt like sharing -- and trying to figure out how to show in new post -- tip: click preview and then below the textbox you can add image). There's a lot of cat fans around here (lots of dog fans too).
Tom

HelmutWe

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Helmut Weber from a village near Landsberg, Germany. Male, 68 years old, 2004 til 2008 MS MVP for Word VBA, enjoying GAT online soon on 4K-equipment and enjoying Win 10 as well which works perfectly for me. Discovered this great side only last year when searching for a screenshot utility and found it. Almost no idea about coding, but interested nevertheless. At the moment searching for a slot to place a software request to randomize filenames. (Lots of solutions on the net, but nothing is satisfying.) In earlier years taxi-driver, linguist, journalist.
And the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep (Schlitz/Rogers)

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
@Helmut:
Guten tag Helmut, und willkommen!
...At the moment searching for a slot to place a software request to randomize filenames. (Lots of solutions on the net, but nothing is satisfying. ...
Post New Requests Here - This is the section where new coding snacks requests go.

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hello sweet communtity, I'll tell you something about me too.
I'm in the best years of my life. I studied business administration.
Computers were and still are my great passion.
I gained my first programming experience on a Commodore-64 then continued with an Amiga up to my first 286 processor :-)
In my job programming is not needed, but it is a part of me, as a hobby i could never let it be to stop.
It makes me incredibly much fun to discover new things or to improve old ones.
Since I jumped on the 286 train, I have gained a lot of experience with Assembler and Pascal.
Meanwhile I program only with Object Pascal (Delphi RAD).
This forum I found exactly like Helmut, I needed a Screen-Capture-Tool because my own didn't quite do what I wanted and I wanted to look around at the competition how it does, well I stayed at the competition :-)
And the best thing is, I can indulge my hobby here and help others with little programs or offer my own applications.
I also live in germany and wish everyone a great time!
sorry bad english and Delphi are my hobby ;)
politeness is not one of my strengths in writing, just because it sounds rough doesn't mean that I mean it rough.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 01:53 AM by KodeZwerg, Reason: corrections »

HelmutWe

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
@KodeZwerg: At last here I found ScreenshotCaptor and AutomaticScreenshotter about a year ago, both by far the best programs for my needs. The very few problems I meant to encounter were all solved by Mouser or turned up to be my faults. I still havenĀ“t explored all possibilities.
@lainB: Found it, thx. Will come up soon with some IDEAs.
And the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep (Schlitz/Rogers)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'm in the best years of my life.

- honestly, I thought you were a lot younger!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
It's always wonderful to have new friends join our discussions here! Please make yourself at home and feel free to move in your own favorite chairs to sit down by the fire.