ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (154/187) > >>

ondarkness:
 :D
had me looking for the puppet strings myself!
LMAO!

barney:
Gee whiz, golly, shucks, gosh!  I just found this place - this thread, not DC  ;) - and now I'm wondering just what else I've been missing, just how dumb I am - speculation, does not require an answer  ;D.

Oh, well, a few years late but ...

Name is barney, live in Corpus Christi, just about in the middle of the Texas Coastal Bend.  Preteen years in Poplar Bluff/St. Louis/Forissant (all in Missouri), teen years ~30 miles east of Dallas, TX.  Grew up - mentally, morally, responsibly - in Vietnam, returned to Tucson, Arizona, back to DFW area, then to Corpus Christi.  There have been a few forays into other regions, but none long-term.

Spent 18 years in bindery/bulk mail services, mostly training other folk to run machinery better than I could.  Spent summers, weekends as a teen working in a fibreglass shop (my dad's, so not certain that counts) or wiring new houses.  Last three (3) decades have been pretty much computer, from IT to programming to hobby (vocation and avocation at the same time).

Now, retired, I do pro bono work for the odd Website or for friends, build database backends for Websites, and the like.  I'm an old cripple - parked a Triumph 650 TT Scrambler in the radiator of a Plymouth back in Tucson - but I go sailing every chance I get (close friend down here has a sailing school  :Thmbsup:)

OK, all that's prolly TMI (Too Much Information), but if I'm gonna let it hang out, I might as well let it all hang out  :P.
Sorry to be so late with this  :-[.

cranioscopical:
Hi Barney,

Nice to learn a bit more about you than can be deduced from your other posts  :)  :up:

barney:
Hi Barney,

Nice to learn a bit more about you than can be deduced from your other posts  :)  :up:
-cranioscopical (July 31, 2012, 10:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hey!!!   I didn't think anyone was gonna read it  :huh:.  Ambusher  :P!

Addendum:

Just found/noticed this topic.  Glad I found it, but it's gonna take a long time to read 31 pages  :-\.

Curt:
... a Triumph 650 TT Scrambler ... -barney (July 31, 2012, 06:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

-did you pick that marque, by inspiration from Steve McQueen?

http://www.mcqueenonline.com/thegreatescapetriumph.htm
by the way: http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/motorcycles/range/classics/bonneville/special/10238

One of my brothers drove Triumph Bonneville 650. My mother would close her eyes and start praying, every time she saw him take off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version